“Great - but get the ordering sorted!”

Lowercase Coffee Bar At The Alphabet Gift Shop
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This is a very popular cafe, and rightly so. Good food and fantastic staff. The problem is that you have to queue up to order. Now this isn’t such a problem (although I personally find it a pain) when the cafe isn’t busy and you want to order your mains and drinks. However, to have to queue up for 15 minutes after you’ve decided to end your very nice lunch with a coffee, just isn’t on.

1  Thank Bethan W

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love this place and today even more so. We usually just visit the cafe but today Sarah helped me find the most perfect personalised blanket for my baby nephew, there was so much choice I was stuck with what to go for. Sarah & Fi didn't rush me (it was very close to closing time) and even got the blanket personalised for me there & then!! We will definitely pay more attention to the gift shop in the future. Incredible customer service. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Natalie L
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I have just received the best customer service from Sarah & Fiona at the alphabet gift shop - I needed a last minute personalised wedding gift and they couldn’t have been more helpful. After a lovely lunch in the coffee shop my personalised gift was ready! Fantastic service. I highly recommend this fab little treasure box.

SueDorling, Owner at Lowercase Coffee Bar At The Alphabet Gift Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a review Sarah - and for your kind comments. Much appreciated!
Hope to see you again soon
Best wishes
Sue

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast. The choice is good - not just your ordinary cooked breakfast. The ambience is good as well. Well worth it for a nice breakfast.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Visited Lowercase on a Bank Holiday Monday when many other similar establishments would likely have been closed. All The time I was there, there was a steady flow of customers coming and going to sample this lovely cafe with its friendly welcome and lovely cake. Well worth a look if in Burton on Trent town centre!