“Sunday Lunch ”

Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I came here as it was rated in the Derby Telegraph as a recommended place to eat.
Me & my fiancé eat out alot & this food was only average.
Also the place could do with a little attention to detail. We had a window seat & the views were beautiful but the raidiator was dirty & there was a dead fly on the window sill.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

What can I say we would not go again, staff very young and although helpful and smiley they desperately need training, an inordinate wait for our food (we were the only people in the restaurant) waited for over 1HOUR for the starters, and then 45 minutes for the main course, the standard of our meals very mediocre with one steak very very poor.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We hosted our Captains dinner at the Cock Inn for 38 of our shooters and family who were competing in the NSK International. The food was cooked fresh and so tasty. We had absolutely no complaints and everyone commented on how delicious it was. The staff were very attentive throughout. Gemma helped with the menu choices and every question. She was amazing! Thank you so much for a memorable night.

Leanne Pullin
WALES TEAM MANAGER

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

This place has a special place in my heart as it’s where me and my other half had our first date many years and 4 kids ago.

I’d love to tell you we had a great time on our latest visit but we didn’t.

It’s gotten a bit mucky and grubby and is lacking attention to detail. My glass had lipstick on, the brolly on the table outside was broken and neither up nor down and a bit in the way and there were pots full of dead plants. Toilets needed a good scrub and some bleach and the giant cobwebs could do with a good hoover!

All that said if the food and service were fab things can be over looked. Not so, there were 12 in the restaurant and our food took 1 hour and 10 minutes so I’m not sure how they cope on a busy night.

Food was hot so obviously freshly cooked( a pity 2 orders couldn’t be cooked at the same time) but lacking in seasoning and just a bit on the average side. Such as shame as the place is in a beautiful setting and could be much better.

I’m sorry to say I won’t be recommending this place in future.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

What a great place ! Great roast dinner and worth a visit. Staff very polite and I enjoyed it again .....