“Excellent ”

Gurkha Curry Lounge
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 33
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Gurkha Curry Lounge. "Gurkha Curry Lounge is truly a place of gathering A place of celebration A place of pleasure and a place to be happy"
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Consistently good food and service. Nice salmon tikka dish. Definitely worth a visit you are best to book

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

A different menu to many Indian restaurants but great tasty dishes
Maybe a bit pricier than some but worth a try

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This was my first visit to Gurkha Curry Lounge. Food and service was great - I am always wary about ordering lamb based dishes as it can often be tough but I decided to give it a go ... perfect, beautiful melt in your mouth chunks of lamb. So much food that we ended up leaving quite a lot maybe advisable not to have starters next time and yes, there will be a next time!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

If I'm honest, I was a little disappointed. I went to this place many times when it was Kishor Bondon Spice and I definitely preferred it back then, it's quirkiness set it apart from many other restaurants, I think that with the new regime, they're trying to appeal to the masses and they've lost something..

I had the Gurkha Special Karahi - prawns, chicken and lamb. It was OK but unfortunately a little bland and unusually lacking a lot of spice. It was the same with my friend's Vindaloo, I was expecting it to blow my socks off but it was actually quite mild.

Probably the highlight for me was the Everest beer, which was actually rather nice, coming from a real ale fan.

I've been to some cracking Indian restaurants, I've been to most of the best in Bradford, several in Birmingham and London and Burton has two absolute crackers in Anoki and Apne. I would have put Kishor Bondon Spice up there too but not the new version. I think these guys are gonna need to up their game a bit to compete with the best in Burton, this is the second time I've been to the new version and come away a little underwhelmed.

On the plus side, the people seem lovely, which goes a long way in my book.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Five different starters & five different mains and could not find fault with any.
Attentive prompt service throughout.
A visit to the Gurkha is one of the reasons we come to Burton and Synchronized Formation Drinking Team will be back again next year.