“Overall Best Restaurant in Town”
Review of Favourite Thai

Favourite Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: post code DE14 1HA phone no- 01283 536099
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I have reviewed this place before, but that was a while ago.

We keep coming back and are NEVER disappointed. The owners are very friendly, the food is amazing and all at a reasonable price.

Recommend the Tom Yum soup, er and everything else, but particularly the soup.

Also if you are in town for lunch they do a really good value lunch menu for a fiver.

1  Thank JTPMidlands

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Having researched the top ten restaurants in Burton, I found out that Favourite Thai sits at number two. Visited with my wife and daughter, we found the building to be quite period and quaint, the traditional background music only added to the atmosphere of the restaurant.
We were seated by a very enthusiastic but very nice server, and were allowed ample time to look through and choose our meal,we decided on set menu A.To be fair, when I looked at what was on offer for the set price, I thought that there might not be enough. however, the mix platter and starter were not only very good but there was enough for the three of us with my daughter really going to town!!
The mains of, stir fried pork, green Thai curry and stir-fried vegetables was more than enough. All the dishes were beautifully cooked, and again to be fair I was glad that there was no sweet as I don't know whether I would have been able to tackle it.
The Jasmine tea was a nice way of finishing off the meal, and the ultimate compliment that I can give the restaurant is that my daughter has only really cleaned her plate when we have visited Caribbean restaurants. Over all, a very nice experience and we would definitely go again

2  Thank jazzboy50
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

My husband birthday has been made by the kindness and warmth of the people at this place i can not praise them high enough for there care

1  Thank Coral K
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We were eating early before going to a gig in Burton, but don't know the area and found this restaurant had good reviews. As we were early, it was almost empty inside, but the staff were so friendly and welcoming, without being annoying or intrusive in any way.
The food was absolutely delicious. I'm vegetarian and had the green Thai curry which was excellent.
As other customers arrived, everyone was greeted with the same welcoming warmth. It seemed there were a number of regular customers which wasn't surprising.
My only criticism was that it would be nice to have a vegetarian appetiser as the crackers were prawn, but as these are complimentary, I can't really lower my rating.
We will definitely make the journey to Burton again to eat here.

1  Thank Susanplus3
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I went here once and was so disappointed by the bland food that I never returned. I returned to going to my actual favourite Thai which is in Burton and down towards the swimming pool. Let's face it; anywhere with such a tacky name as My Favourite Thai is aiming for commercial rather than a genuine look, feel or taste. Give it a try; you might like it... but you won't see me there :-)

1  Thank Rob A