“Birthday party ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Had a great experience visiting this place. The food was amazing and the service was brilliant. They had a 4 course meal on for 11.95. Well worth the price. Poppodoms, any starter, any main and any nan or rice. Will definitely be going again. They even brought us our birthday cake out for us. Many thanks.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I had booked a large table a month in advance with a group of friends. We were put upstairs in what can only be described as a grubby attic.

We had to ask for our order to be taken after a serious lack of acknowledgment. I had been informed by another diner that their party had been waiting over an hour for their main meals. Not a great impression from the start. I understand that it was a very busy Saturday night but it isn't difficult to offer even a basic level of customer service. The waiters were short with everyone and downright rude.

Once the 4 of us sat together had finished my sister left and paid downstairs for 2 meals at the sum of £21, unbeknownst to me. Upon exit the waiter upstairs insisted I paid for a all four of us, £29 (£50 total). I called the restaurant today as soon as it was open to raise the issue, expecting them to be aware that they were £21 up at the end of the night. The man barefaced lied to me and said I'd paid the correct amount.

£50 for 3 people essentially as I hadn't ordered anything because the place was filthy. With main courses costing £7.50 each, it's not hard to see that an error had been made. The staff member I spoke to has refused to reimburse us and my sister is going to the restaurant tonight to speak to somebody after having to end a conversation over the phone as the man was awful and very aggresive tones.

Each year for the past 4 years I have booked a large table here for my birthday and have been a returning guest since I was a child. I will never return and advise anyone from frequenting such an ill mannered establishment.

Take your custom elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Like this place for 12 years I been going. Staff are very friendly & the food is good tasting Balti. They make the best cheese bread.... Mmmmm
The inside has we'll painted walls from an artist work going to look at.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Located a couple of hundred yards from the railway station on the way into the town centre. This is a pleasantly furnished medium sized restaurant. We called in at around 7.15 on Saturday evening and only just managed to be fitted in.

The range of food is fairly good, naturally specialising in balti dishes. The restaurant is unlicensed, and didn't mind people nipping to the pub next door for drinks, but table water is provided.

The food was well cooked, portions are fairly generous. Prices are very good indeed, with starters around £3, and mains around £8, plus rice naans etc.

Service was extremely polite and efficient. Well worth a visit, particularly if you're eating on a budget.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

Met up with some friends and had lovely meal. The starters were all delicious and the sauces on the baltis were so full of flavour.
Portion sizes are excellent. Very good value for money. Very efficient staff.