All reviews mews room sausage sitting room young lady stayed here for two nights pub hotel main bar lovely meal cottage pie lots of character salmon breakfasts were excellent good size the ground floor comfortable room pretty town enjoyable stay
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We had 3 rooms booked as we were all attending a wedding in the area. We were allowed early check in and provided with sandwiches as we all had to get changed and out to get to the wedding. Hotel could not have been more accomodating.

A special mention for Linda who was about to lock up when we returned but stayed on to serve us drinks.

Standard breakfast fare (which means fine). Izzy coped well with our rather complicated order.
For the benefit of previous reviewers I can confirm that both mushrooms and baked beans are available- you just have to ask.

The rooms vary in size and shape but are perfectly adequate. There is a lot of creaking from the floorboards ( it's an old coaching inn) , there is some noise from the road ( it's an old coaching inn) and it was hot ( where isn't at the moment).

So if you want a modern air conditioned box this is not for you. But if you're happy with a a pub/hotel with lots of character and helpful staff this will do nicely

Room Tip: Try for a rooms not overlooking the road
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Decided to call in for tea as we were passing with the dog. Weather was nice so we sat outside in the lovely beer garden (dogs are not allowed in the bar/restaurant) and ordered food. The steak n ale pie was lovely and Very tasty as was the gammon steak. To finish off we had the apple crumble and custard. A little more custard would have been nice. Staff were very nice and polite. Would go back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Decided to try gaskell arms for tea whilst in much wenlock, what a great decision it turned out to be. Firstly the staff were very helpful in finding a place for us all and a dog(beer garden). When the food came it was fresh and well presented, we would recommend the pork and Apple or the lamb, but the fish and chips were wolfed down by the kids and even kept them quiet. Highly recommended

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Normally when in this county we tend to use Riverside Inn on the Shrewsbury to Bridgenorth Road. On our visit the Inn was being redecorated. So on up to Wenlock which I have not been to for 20 years.
First place we saw was Gaskill Arms.Greating on to 1.30 we pulled into their car park which contained just five other cars. Normally that is bad news and tells a story. But time was cracking on so we entered the pub, bright young lady greeted us and with menu plus specials board. This was well varied list. I chose chicken in a white with new potatoes and veg. My wife a suasage and union sandwich with chips.

Both meals were a hit -very well presented and price- just. £13 for my main and £9 for my wife's choice. Now I hate people who rave about chips- but these were really tasty needless to say I helped myself from the bowel intended fot my wife.

Good car park area for the high street situation-well decorated and full of character as clearly an old coaching Inn.

Look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Received a pleasant welcome and room was ideal. The room was in the corner of the building so had lovely large windows taking in two aspects. Able to open both wide to let in the early summer air - most places seem to screw windows shut nowadays for safety reasons! Bathroom was as large as the bedroom which was nice, although I couldn't get any hot water out of the shower in the morning. Breakfast perfectly acceptable without being outstanding. Had planned on eating at the Gaskell in the evening as my friend was visiting with her dog but unfortunately the building isn't 'dog friendly' so had to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo