1,035 results
All reviewsfour pillarssteam room and saunawowcher dealleisure facilitiescourse dinnerswimming poolleisure clubtrouser pressgood sizeno liftreception staffpark and rideshort breakpleasant staysecret escapeslovely hotelbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is very clean, the staff are friendly and the rooms are nice.
I must say the at breakfast the breakfast glasses are ridiculously small. My colleague and I had to keep getting up and down as after 1 mouthful the glass was empty again.
The toaster machine was broken every morning and the lady Lynette bless her had to keep coming to attend to it with a wooden spoon to get it working again, this is a 4* hotel in this instance I would either remove the machine until it is working again or buy a new one. The amount of people that must have mentioned to her it was broken must have been embarrassing for poor Lynette.
I used the gym and pool both facilities were good but small.
I had a great sleep and was happy I had the fan in the room, my room was lovely and clean when I came back in the evening thank you to all the cleaning staff for this.
I would stay again at this hotel.
Many thanks

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Really nice hotel.
Staff were really friendly.
The check in was really smooth and receptionist was friendly and informative.
Breakfast was usual buffet style but there was plenty of choice and was well cooked.
We were on a bed breakfast and evening meal deal.
We ate in the restaurant the menu was quite small but we were very pleased with the quality of the food was excellent the service was friendly and efficient.
The room we had was very clean but it was on the front of the hotel which meant we couldn’t have the windows open at night as the traffic noise was constant throughout the night.
There was no air conditioning but there was a fan provided which we found adequate.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Took my mum away on a nights stay with a wowcher voucher which included bed breakfast , 2 course evening meal and use of pool
We were very happy with our accommodation and the food and service was really good
Overall a lovely stay

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night and were given room 35. The room itself was fine but it’s over the leisure centre and we were subjected to listening to constant opening/closing/slamming of doors. We complained to reception and asked to be moved but were told that the hotel was fully booked. We checked on our phone to find that we could still reserve a room online!

The door banging started again at 6.02 in the morning and increased at 6.30 as the leisure centre opened to guests. So a very poor night’s sleep and our complaint was not dealt with.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurabelle68
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I had booked through Groupon which included breakfast and an evening meal. I consider the room adequate but nothing outstanding although superior rooms are probably better as the fan provided was not enough during this hot spell. The shower was very poor with a low flow of water but the tea/coffee, safe and tv all good plus a comfortable bed. Breakfast offered a very good selection and was perfect the first morning. Unfortunately although there was a similar selection the next day it was decidedly cold as well as the coffee! Our evening meal was good although a supplement was added for steak, however this was perfectly cooked and service quick. The Malbec was not particularly good and I thought the wine list fairly uninspiring. Bar prices were reasonable.
I decided to have a full body massage as I had a bad back and Kristina gives an excellent massage for a very reasonable price. Highly recommend. In general this hotel is well placed to visit both Oxford city and the Cotswolds. I had excellent service from the staff but reading reviews I think I may have just been lucky.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple