“Good for Vegan Lunch”
Review of The Flowing Well

The Flowing Well
Reserve with OpenTable
The Flowing Well is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Abingdon
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 42
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was searching for somewhere to eat that was vegan, and was therefore delighted when i came across this place, with three different choices. I was gutted though when we arrived though as the menu had changed, as being allergic to mushrooms i couldn't have the Mushroom Stroganoff or the VegeBurger - and i don't see a super food salad a Sunday lunch. I ended up with chips, and falafel and a small green salad, which was ok.

But i will comment that every one else had the BIGGEST platefuls of food you have ever seen. I had total Yorkshire pudding envy, they were the size of babies heads.

The vegandessert was a delight though, beautiful rich chocolart tart - yummy!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had lunch last bank holiday with the family and it was a pleasant meal. I ordered a dish of the day which was pan fried sea bream with new potatoes and samphire. I got two large fillets of fish and they tasted great, garnish included. The rest of the family ordered different dishes and they also looked very appetizing and generously portioned.
The ambient felt overall nice and warm. The staff were welcoming and attentive throughout the service.
It was my first time visiting this gastropub, and it will definitely not be the last.

1  Thank Marc A
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I’d heard good things about this place and thought I would give it a try.

The food is overpriced and bland. How a chef, and I use the term loosely, can mess up a starter of feta and sun dried tomatoes is beyond, but he managed it.

The main course of roast chicken was slightly better, but a dinner of pub grub for four and a child at £130 is over priced.

At this price I don’t expect to get dirty cutlery and paper napkins.

There is better out there and I will use them instead of this unwelcoming place in future. This place also had the cheek to question my review. I stand by what I said.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Family of 6 for Sunday lunch - everything absolutely spot on. We ordered an array of choices from the menu including the Sunday lunch - service was great. Fresh ingredients well cooked - a rarity these days. Probably the best food pub in the area.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Have eaten and visited as a family countless times and it is only now I have submitted a review. We as a family visited for Sunday lunch and we had various forms of roast dinner. The food once again was fresh well prepared and presented. The portions were generous,my one criticism would be please don't make the main course so yummy as I did not have room for a dessert.