New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City

Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Grove City
Southeastern Ohio
“Overnight in Grove City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I was in town for a wedding and needed a basic room for one night. For around 50 bucks, I got a nice, clean room at the Red Roof. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful, beds were comfy and the bathroom was very clean. The continental breakfast was basic but fine for the price (bagels, muffins and danish along with juice and coffee). I can't vouch for the pool or internet as I didn't use either, but if you just need a place to crash for the night you can't beat the value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
Jackson, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

friendly and effecient staff. room was clean and was above my expectation

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Requested two adjoining rooms. When arrived they did not give us adjoining rooms even though reservation was booked weeks in advance and they had adjoining rooms available. Staff was lazy. My sheets were so disgusting that I had to change them before I could sleep on them. Tv was not working properly. There was a mouse in one of the rooms! Asked for clean blankets never got them. Never had room cleaned once in three days!!! I would have left if I could have found another two rooms elsewhere! The rooms were very run down. Continental breakfast was the worst i have ever seen.The ONLY good thing about this place is the location is convenient to the interstate and restaurants and shopping, but since there are many other motels next to this one, I would try anyone of them and never stay here again:((((

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Awelcomeguest
jaynashushi, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Sorry for the delayed response. I am sorry we feel short of our goal of 100% satisfaction. I have shared your review with my staff and will make sure we improve upon the areas you noted above. I hope that the next time you are in town you will give me a call. I would like the opportunity to speak with you & try and assist you with a stay at our Inn. I assure you that your next stay would meet your expectations.

You can reach me at 614-871- 9617 and ask for Nash.

Nash
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Good things: the front desk staff was courteous, efficient, and cooperative. I called the night before our stay, and asked for a refrigerator, and they moved us to a room with that convenience.
A MAJOR drawback, at least for me, is: the official webpage lists "Wireless Internet (WiFi)" as an amenity. Their wireless is so bad, it might as well not even exist. And my cell carrier, Verizon, has only one bar at this location. So I'm pretty much out of luck as far as planning excursions goes.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GEO123_12
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

I am writing this review from the comfort of my bed at the Grove City Red Roof. After having stayed in a handful of highway side motels during my infrequent travels the past few years, I decided to give the Red Roof a try. I hope the others out there are up to the standards of this location, as I will be looking for Red Roofs in my future travels. This particular location is surrounded by all the restaurants and amenities one could ask for. If you are looking for a reasonable price for a good room along I-71, this IS your place! Now I'm shutting down my iPad, turning off the big TV, and getting some sleep! Goodnight!

• Stayed December 2011