“I will stay here again!”

Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Grove City
“I will stay here again!”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I am writing this review from the comfort of my bed at the Grove City Red Roof. After having stayed in a handful of highway side motels during my infrequent travels the past few years, I decided to give the Red Roof a try. I hope the others out there are up to the standards of this location, as I will be looking for Red Roofs in my future travels. This particular location is surrounded by all the restaurants and amenities one could ask for. If you are looking for a reasonable price for a good room along I-71, this IS your place! Now I'm shutting down my iPad, turning off the big TV, and getting some sleep! Goodnight!

• Stayed December 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
columbus
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I have stayed at many hotels due to work and travels, but my experience at this location has been exceptional. Their hospitality has been top-notch. I will stay here any time that an over-night stay is required.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
SPARTA
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Spent the night here based on other tripadvisor reviews. Also checked out bedbugregistry.com and no bedbugs! (Although it appears that many hotels in the greater columbus area have bedbugs). The location was WONDERFUL, right off I-71 and close to I-270, lots of places to eat, shop, etc, many within walking distance! The beds were comfortable (pillows were a bit hard for my taste, but my mom liked them!), the room was clean. You can tell that the management/staff take pride in their jobs. The shower/water pressure was good. This Red Roof Inn offers a continental breakfast which I didn't have time to try out, but I checked out the offerings and it looked pretty complete. If you are looking for a reasonably priced clean room, check it out! (Only bad thing that happened was when I checked in, I was initially given a room that had not been cleaned, beds were not made and when I went back to the desk, I was given a clean room -- just ask if you have problems!!)

Room Tip: Rooms in the second building, south side (I think - the ones closer to the Hampton Inn) are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2011

i absolutely loved it at the Red Roof! it was located right in the middle of everything i need. shopping was in walkin distance and food surrounded us. we never had anything to worry about as far as driving. housekeeping was wonderful anything i asked of them they did immediately! i loved the young woman working. Her attitude was wonderful. She helped us get a cab to the airport and gave us directions to where ever we needed and wanted to go. Im not from Ohio so believe me i needed awhole lot of directions. She also introduced us to a wonderful place to eat called Cami's its a fine italian resturant down the road with the best wine i've tasted in awhile. i recommend the Red Roof to anyone who is passing through, Grove City is a fine place to stay....FREE PARKING!!! thank you so much mr. Patel

Room Tip: the outside rooms are best for pets because of the grassy area!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank j_suthers
ciasdt, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus/Grove City, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
Thanks so much for your kind words. I am grateful you enjoyed your stay. Please know that at the Red Roof Inn, Grove City Ohio will continue to serve you as your home away from home and we hope to see you soon. Thanks for taking the time to tell about your experience. We appreciate your business.

Diana Valdivia
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 January 2009

I chose the Red Roof primarily because I needed an inexpensive place to crash for the night after a Blue Jackets game. The hotels downtown were more than I was prepared to spend, so at a "hot deals" rate of $58 I figured I'd give the Red Roof a shot.

Though this is one of the newly renovated properties, I have more bad than good to report about this particular hotel.

Check-in and out went smoothly enough, although the desk staff seemed rather scattered and confused (at least one was a trainee).

The room was a bit small and seemed fairly clean at first, but our non-smoking room smelled strongly of fragrance which usually (and indeed it did) means the room will smell smoky after the fragrance wears off. Upon closer inspection, both chairs in the room were filthy (something had spilled on the leather desk chair) - as though the housekeeper had overlooked them. There was also a patch of plaster missing from the bathroom wall and toothpaste splatters on the wall around the sink. The alarm clock had been unplugged, so I had to plug it in and set it; I also had to plug in the phone and hold the cord into the handset while I talked (the cord fell out otherwise). The shower head was also mounted off-center, so you had to stand against the wall of the shower to be in the stream of water.

This hotel does offer a very basic free breakfast (most Red Roofs don't offer any) - pre-wrapped pastries and bagels, juice and coffee. The "new" Red Roofs have a 6-in-1 coffee machine that makes coffee and gas station-style cappuccinos, which is a neat idea, but for our stay it wouldn't dispense coffee! (No in-room coffee either so no coffee for the whole hotel that day.) The breakfast area only has three tables - a little inconvenient, but since everything is pre-wrapped, it's easy to haul it back to your room.

There were some good things though. Though small, the rooms seemed modern and well thought-out. Their beds are very comfortable and I slept great! Interstate noise was minimal enough that it wasn't bothersome, and I couldn't hear the neighbors at all. This hotel also offers free wireless internet (you just have to call the desk for the password), which is better than most Red Roofs which are T-Mobile hotspots only. The room also offered a fridge and microwave, plenty of open outlets, and the light switches were easy to find. This hotel is also in a GREAT location - convenient to I-71/I-270 and lots of restaurants and shopping. The property itself seemed clean and safe. And even though I arrived before the 3:00pm check-in (a mis-calculation on my part), they were able to get me in.

For $60 I don't ask for a lot, but I have to give it 2 stars because of a smoky non-smoking room, filthy chairs, no coffee, and the unplugged clock/phone. I won't go out of my way to avoid this place, but there are other hotels nearby that I'll try first before I go back. As I said, it's newly renovated, but with some better housekeeping I think the place could be really nice.

• Liked — Comfortable beds, free internet.
  • Disliked — Room smelled like smoke, housekeeping not real thorough.
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Let me start off by saying thank you for your online comments. They are greatly appreciated here at the Red Roof Inn, Grove City, Ohio.

Since 2009 we have done a lot of improvements. We are now under new management and have a all new caring and efficient housekeeping staff. We also started a new routine and hired a specific person to check all the rooms before we sell them to the public. This insures that the rooms have everything working property and also it gives extra eyes to pay attention to detail in this case we won’t have the same mistake of missing cups and no extra toilet paper because with this new position this is all covered. We are now starting to charge fines for any guest smoking in a non smoking room so we can avoid having the smell of smoke in a non smoking room. For our smoking guest we have smoking rooms available and this also avoids these types of complaints. I hope you can give us another chance in the future to show you how much our property has changed for the better. Thanks again for your words and giving us a chance to improve our property. I hope we can see you again soon.

Travellers are raving about these Grove City hotels