“Disappointing”

Hampton Inn Columbus South
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Grove City
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

My family and I stay in Hampton Inns as a rule. I have never been disappointed-until tonight. We are directly across from a thumping Dj'd party at a putt-putt course and kids continue to run up and down the hall screaming. I feel that if this Dj thing happens on a regularly scheduled basis then when a guest requests one of those nights they should be told ahead of time. My husband is trying to study while the beat thumps outside....we may change our minds next time we need a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Thekker3,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and taking time to post a review about our hotel.

As the general manager, I’m very sorry that your stay was a disappointment. The putt-putt golf across from us has received an approval from the City of Grove City along with permission from the Grove City Police Department to have their outdoor party for the summer.

We assure you that this is not the norm, and we’ll make every effort to ensure that the convenience of our guests will come first. We hope that you’ll give us another opportunity whenever you come and visit the area.
Please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to improve our service to you.

Monalisa Cassell, General Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Columbus South

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed one night for a business trip. Could use a bit of an update. Not up to par with other Hamptons I've stayed at. Breakfast selection was okay, but could be better. Would choose a different place next trip.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon&Kathy
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Jon & Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with our Hampton Inn Columbus South, Grove City, Ohio.

We're going to have a major reconstruction and additional rooms, 2 elevators, a jump-start fitness, perfect mix lobby and meeting room, and that will start at the Fall of 2012 and finish by Spring 2013.

I apologize that you didn't experience a great stay with us, but if there's anything else I can do to ensure your stay is flawless next time, please let me know by calling the property at (614)539-1177, and my direct extension is 400.

Monalisa Cassell

Reviewed 9 July 2012

a little older Hampton Inn compared to their newer hotels.
AWESOME location in the Grove City Area, close to shopping, restaurants.
One dissappointment that there is no elevator to go to 2nd floor. Really hard when your lugging around coolers and luggage.
Otherwise, very clean and very nice staff.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor level
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Greatcdn,

This is Monalisa Cassell, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Columbus South. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

As always, we aim to make sure our guests are as satisfied with their stay as possible. I appreciate the compliment and will use your experience as the learning lesson for all the staffs here and to show them that hard work does produce positive results.

I do want to apologize for the lack of elevator. We're going to have a major reconstruction and additional rooms, 2 elevators, a jump-start fitness, perfect mix lobby and meeting room, and that will start anytime soon and finish by Spring 2013. Please give us a second chance by letting me know whenever you visit Grove City, Ohio, and I will make sure that we'll assign you first floor room only.

Thank you making us aware of the pleasant stay you recently experienced at our hotel. It is comments like yours that help maintain the excellence that we are always striving to achieve.

Monalisa and the team at the Hampton Inn Columbus South, Grove City, OH.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

With the amount of baseball/softball tournaments held in this area you'd think the GM would have figured out how to properly host a sports team. This lady has gone out of her way to do the exact opposite of every little request we've made. All that aside, this is an old hotel with thin walls and a ton of noise. Not good for ANYONE to get any sleep - let alone athletes having to get up early the next morning. We've stayed next door at the Holiday Inn Express several times - it is fantastic with amazing service. We won't be making this mistake ever again in Grove City!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Ronnik22
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Ronnik22,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I deeply regret that you had such a poor experience with the last stay.

At the previous conversation, it had been notified, that with all the rooms that were booked and with the other non-group-guests that stayed with us, there'd be no guarantee for everyone to be located on the same floor, and with some of the teams that were also assigned on the 1st fl, I thought you, as the organizer, would be more convenience and comfortable to stay on the 1st floor, but I was wrong, and I apologize for that.

Is there anything else I can do o ensure your stay is flawless next time? Please let me know by calling me at 614-539-1177. Again, thannk you for the feedback and my sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

M.Cassell
Hampton Inn Columbus South

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed at this property for one night while in the area visiting friends with my partner. business. Right away, I was rather aggravated because I reserved online through the Hampton Inn site for a room with "two queen beds", as opposed to a "king bed with sleeper sofa". It was obvious when we got to our room that the beds were doubles -- NOT queens -- but because it was late and we were tired, we decided to just live with it. Nonetheless, I don't think they should advertise that you're getting something you're not.

For us, it was in a convenient area with easy access to eating places as well as I-71 when we needed to go points north of Grove City. There are numerous other hotels/motels nearby.

This hotel was obviously built some time ago and seems somewhat outdated. There's been some attempts to keep it with the times, but it just doesn't have that fresh and new feeling I've come to expect with a Hampton Inn.

Check-in and -out was very easy, with all the staff we encountered being polite and helpful. I have to say that once I realized there was no elevator, I was REALLY glad we weren't on the second floor -- that would have ticked me off as tired as I was to have to haul everything upstairs.

Room Tip: If you have mobility restrictions, children, and/or a lot of luggage, I suggest you reserve on the f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
HamptonInnColsSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Books158,

As the General Manager of this hotel, I'd like to say thank you for staying with us last month on your way to the north side of Ohio. I'm glad to know that the staffs were polite and helpful, but I'm also deeply regret that you're unhappy with the size of the beds.

Will it be possible for you to contact me directly to the hotel so I can give you a better explanation of the type and size of beds that we have. The number here is (614)539-1177, my direct extension is 400.

Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to make your stay with us more enjoyable.

Monalisa Cassell, General Manager

14.1 km away
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#26 of 143 in Columbus

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus South? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK