All reviews biscuits on arrival excellent bed breakfast hot shower warm welcome tea and coffee making facilities b and b overlooking the river full english nothing too much trouble business trip fresh fruit feel very welcome place to stay keith bedroom ensuite
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Great place to stay in a good location just a short walk from the centre.The room was spotlessly clean, with a nice en-suite. The view out of the bedroom window is of the river and the park, lovely. The breakfast could not be faulted with good choice of everything. Even though the weather outside was quite warm, there is a heavy duty winter duvet on the bed, Just a little unconfortable trying to sleep under it. Just a couple of very minor issues. The window of the bedroom is desperately in need of a either replacing or at most filling and repainting, The only other thing Eric could really have done with a shave before serving breakfast.Would have given 5 stars if not for the minor issues.

Room tip: Room 1 nice and quiet at the back.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed there last night & it's a fantastic & perhaps one of the best run bed & breakfasts we have stayed in. We arrived pretty late as per our ETA & on pulling up to the accommodation saw Keith keeping an eye out at the doorway for us. He made us a pot of decaffinated coffee with biscuits after showing us our room. The room was spacious and clean as was the ensuite bathroom. They was tea & coffee in the room. Julie & Keith had prepared us a lovely cooked breakfast the next morning. There was also fruit, cereal & yogurt also available. There is free wifi & parking available (via permit) outside. The B&B is only a few minutes away from the famous "stepping stones."

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

As most reviews have commented the friendly hosts are there when you arrive. A large pot of tea with cake and biscuits was in my room by the time I came back from my car to put the parking permit on it. What a great start.

Parking is an issue, there are marked bay areas town side of the property if you can grab one there do, but get a permit from the B&B there are no time constraints. Otherwise the yellow line outside allows you parking between certain times. There is a disc parking system in Morpeth this allows you 3 hrs parking you just need to display a disability type disc with your arrival time.

The B&B is ideally situated about a 5 min stroll to the main Bridge Street shops. Plenty of shops, bars and restaurants.

The house is lovely and old, large room where breakfast is served, then up to my room. I had room 3 it overlooked the street. It was large and bright nicely decorated and with everything I needed. There was a double and single bed in this room, spotlessly clean and modern. Great wardrobe with hanging space, plenty of hangers and a shelf section full length at the side. Tea and coffee makings. TV and it was a good size tv. WiFi which was excellent and free.
The room had high ceilings giving a great airy bright feeling.

The bathroom had a bath and good shower. The bathroom light because it's so high up didn't light the bathroom brilliantly but there was a shaving/cosmetic light over the mirror and that did just the job. Toilettries in little bottles and large bottles. Everything was perfect.

I had a good night sleep the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast served in downstairs room, I was asked what I wanted when I arrived. It was freshly cooked and very tasty no grease at all. A jug of orange juice was on your table and large pot of tea was ordered. Fruit and yoghurt also available. Excellent breakfast.

I would definitely stay here again. Once you get past the parking issue you can relax and chill.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The five nights we stayed at Julie & Eric`s B & B was just so warm, comfortable and beyond the normal B & B reception. We were met by Julie & Eric - they took our cases in, made us tea & coffee & provided us with the street parking pass. Breakfast - "Northumberland Special" - was outstanding - fresh fruit/full breakfast - set us up for the day!! Clean bedding & towels every day - nothing was too much trouble. The recommendation to eat at the Sour Grapes - just over the road - proved to be good - owned by Sue - again -great value & so happy to serve!!
We have stayed in many B & B`s/Hotels - this one is well up the list as 5*.

Room tip: Ask for a river view.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank claude_smart
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Spent three days here, what can I say that hasn't already been said, well it is excellent, great value, on arrival met with the famous cuppa and bit of cake, and shortbread fingers and biscuits,
The hosts are among the friendliest couple you will ever come across and a credit to the good people of Northumberland , my bed was very comfortable and I had trouble getting out of it lol,
Very well positioned to explore the town and surrounding area,close to local bars and restaurants , fir those who gave never visited Northumberland, do yourself a favour and book this b&b, it's fair to say that I've only ever met them once but I felt like I had known them for years
When Keith or Julie ask if you want a full English , make no mistake, that is exactly what you are going to get,leave time to let it settle,it's seven in the evening as I write this and I still feel full.
Now, I wonder if they will adopt me ? Lol