“Christmas at Whitehouse Farm Centre”

Whitehouse Farm Centre
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Morpeth
More attraction details
Owner description: The visitor centre is extensive, housing a wide variety of animals from traditional farm breeds to small animals, pets and exotic species. There is something for all, Meet the Meerkats, have a Hoot with the Owls and be Mesmerised by the Marmosets and much much more!! There's even a chance for Farmtasticfun for the kids to play and explore! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 December 2017

We visited at the weekend and the children had the most amazing time. The whole place is geared up for Christmas and all the staff were in costume. Santa was the highlight of the day closely followed by the antics of the chief elf. Mrs Clause was there too and every member of staff had a smile on their face. We didn’t of course just go for the Christmas experience, the animals were on top form too. It’s lovely to watch your little ones feeding the goats or petting the small animals and the. Staff are so knowledgeable and happily explain how the animals like to live. If you’ve got plans to take the children to meet Santa, take them to the farm and make a day and f it, you won’t be disappointed.

Dawn P, Events Organiser at Whitehouse Farm Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review, we are delighted you and your family had an enjoyable day with us. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team, visitor experience and customer service is a top priority to us so its lovely to hear when customers have had a memorable day.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I have been here a few times now and always have a great experience with my son, who is 3. I love that you can get your hands dirty and interact with the animals and there’s always a member of staff around who are more than willing to answer any questions you have. The cafe is fantastic, you get huge portions and the food is great value and quality. We have just visited the winter wonderland and what a great experience. Like everywhere there is a bit of a queue to see Santa but there’s elves and fairies who are happy to entertain the kids (and adults). The wait is worth it, as Santa makes sure he spends plenty of quality time with the kids.

Dawn P, Events Organiser at Whitehouse Farm Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review, we are so pleased you and your son are fans of Whitehouse Farm. It's great to hear you enjoyed our Winter Wonderland and your visit with Santa. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, we hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Reviewed 3 December 2017

After a very disappointing start to the day where I'd booked online for Beamish only to find that when we arrived "Santa's Grotto was sold out" we came back home to regroup .... I found online that Whitehouse Farm had a Santa and I called ahead and a someone confirmed that you didn't even charge extra for the children to see Santa, unless you wanted your child to receive a gift from Santa, then it was £4 - fair enough, I would say though that this was done so discreetly that a child visiting Santa without a gift would never know it and every child gets some magic reindeer food and sweets.
We visited Santa and although there was a queue, the kids could write a letter to Santa whilst they waited or play with plenty of props in 'Santa's Living Room (all indoors), the Christmas Fairy and Mrs Clause kept everyone happy. It was a great experience, the staff were friendly and the visit overall was outstanding.
When we went in to visit Santa I gasped myself, this was no middle-aged gentleman in a red suit with a fake beard .... this guy was Santa! He was brilliant and would fool the most skeptical child ...not only did he look EXACTLY like Santa but he was really in character, he spent a good amount of time with my little lad listening to him and giving him good Christmas advice :)
Thank you Whitehouse Farm for saving the day (I know we weren't the only family who had a disappointing start to the day at Beamish, you saved the day for more than just me).
I'd recommend the Santa experience at Whitehouse farm to anyone!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review, we are delighted you enjoyed your day with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and we are so pleased you were able to salvage your day and make some magical Christmas memories with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, wishi g you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I have 5 children 13,11,9,5 and 3 we have been coming to Whitehorse farm since my eldest was tiny and it never fails to disappoint any of them. My eldest three have Special Needs and are always well accommodated by friendly helpful staff. We visit about 4times per year and they never complain they are bored!

Dawn P, Events Organiser at Whitehouse Farm Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are so pleased you and your family enjoy your regular visits to the farm. Our staff pride themselves on ensuring everyone has a great day out with us, I will be sure to share your comments with the Team.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Went here with my family, although my daughter was only months old, she loved it. The sounds coming from all the different animals were just drawing her to them. We hit on lucky with the weather and had a brilliant day all round. Took our own lunch and sat in the park with all the hustle and bustle going on around us. They have a good choice of animals within the farm. And good knowledge from the staff at the various show cases. We’ll defo be visiting again once our daughter is slightly older and can be up in her buggy rather than a pram so she’ll be able to see more.

Only down side to Whitehouse Farm was the cost, slightly expensive but still make a full day out with it.

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are so pleased your daughter enjoyed her visit, its nice to hear that even our youngest visitors have an enjoyable day. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team.