Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$159
Vio.com$159
eDreams$159
Etrip$159
StayForLong
All reviews country hotel roll top bath two nights night stay large room booked a table evening meal tweed fires mars scotland dogs
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2022 via mobile

All look great when we drove up to the hotel and looking at the gardens were fantastic but that’s when it started going down.

We were greeted by a very unfriendly person because we had to ring the door bell and were told we should of pushed the door harder how could we have known this then told where our room where not even shown.

We had two Scottie dogs with us which they knew about and I think we had the smallest room in the hotel we had to pay for the dogs not that we mind that but their were no beds,bowels,treats, and not much space.

I have attached a few photos of our room after it had been serviced disgraceful.

The only saving grace was the food in the evening complements to the chef breakfast was also good good choices the service on the first morning was great I think it was the owner as the service was fantastic but the next morning the wheels had fallen completely off uncleared tables guest waiting.

My sisters room was much bigger then ours but there was only no towels in the room and it also needs some maintenance also not serviced the next day.

We all found the staff unfriendly and not bothered except the owner/manager at breakfast.

I did email the hotel on my return pointing out my issue and to give them a chance to respond but nothing up-to now. Not what one would expect from a hotel at theses prices

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ianhall754
Reviewed 19 August 2022

This place is lovely. I am writing this right now as I am in the hotel. The food was fabulous, the host and the staff are fabulous, the bed was fabulous and I know that the breakfast is going to be fabulous. Will be asking for book this place again for the next work trip

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2022

We both enjoyed our few days here. I don't usually review en suite bathrooms but our bathroom was large with a great, deep bath which filled up very quickly. Dinner was excellent - a great range of local cheeses to choose from for one of the desserts but all courses were great. The manager was very pleasant, agreeable and very hard working. A beautiful and extensive garden out the back.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 7 June 2022

I judge a place on one main thing, expectations delivered. Caveat here: I do take a bit of time choosing a place and then look forward to it. My family and I (wife and nearly 3 year old daughter) planned a jubilee weekend in the Ceviot foothills at Yetholm. Collngwood Arms is a 40 minute cycle away so we booked Sunday lunch for that part of the weekend and cycled. From the moment we were greeted in cycle gear until we left having changed back into said gear it was fantastic. The main and most important part was simply delicious, our Roast Sirloin of beef. Perfectly cooked, medium rare, butter cutting tender, creamy - just fantastic. Big none uniform yorkies (#yahdancer), crunchy perfect roasties, magic gravy - just fantastic. The Puech Haut Rose is a steel at £25 a bottle, decent claret by the glass. The service - excellent, friendly and fuss free. The space - perfect too. Our daughter could relax and walk about, ok run a bit, without fear of disaster or annoyance to staff or customers. £25 for two courses - get yerselves there it's brilliant.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 18 April 2022 via mobile

We were visiting Scotland, a 2 minute drive away from the hotel. It's a 19th century coach house, sensitively restored and with beautiful gardens. Deep comfy beds overlooking the beautiful gardens and just the right amount of shabby chic -ery to make one perfectly at home. A great selection of breakfasts, from which we chose the scrambled eggs and salmon (we were almost in Scotland), toast and coffee. We ate dinner there just 1 night out of 3. The sea bass and crab are highly recommended. Quite expensive to dine there but you can always head across the border for a cheaper bite. Our dog loved running in the garden. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Parking out front of hotel. Take care joining the road again it's a very blind turn!
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple