“Comfortable, well equipped cottage in Alnick”
other travellers have booked this property
This inglenook fire place was rediscovered and restored in 2013.
The Snug 'Quiet Lounge' great for reading and talking. Magazines, games, and a wide variety of books Master Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Master Bedroom
Bright kitchen with fully integrated appliances.
Ground floor and outdoor space plan. Patio is exclusive to this property.
First floor plan
Georgian features
Family/TV Room just off the kitchen. Keep an eye on the kids and the kettle!
Family bathroom with power shower
Ensuite with large power shower
The butterfly bedroom gets the morning sun
The blue bedroom gets the sunset
Best town to live in Britain 2013
Private patio with BBQ and seating for six.
This whole area is exclusive to Percy Cottage
Fresh herbs for your use
Two gated areas to keep dogs safe!
Don't take it from me, here's what our guests say
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
eneri64
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, well equipped cottage in Alnick”
Reviewed 21 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

2 Percy Cottages is well positioned for exploring Alnwick with the castle and garden within easy walking distance. The cottage is well equipped with books, information leaflets, games DVDs and videos. We were comfortable and warm throughout our stay though we would have appreciated some cleaning materials to enable us to keep the kitchen and bathrooms clean.

Travelling group: Friends
22 Sep 2015
Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate your comments about cleaning materials to use during your stay. We provide a dish washing welcome pack with washing up liquid, sponges, kitchen roll, cloth, bin bag etc. However, as I’m sure you will appreciate we have quite a few families with young children and dogs which means that should any accident, or adverse reaction occur with other, more toxic products we would not only feel awful but also could be legally liable. So for safety reasons we do not supply additional cleaning products and suggest that guests wishing to clean during their stay supply (and take with them upon leaving) products they know are familiar, safe and do not cause adverse reactions for their own family.
Claire S
“Mrs”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This was our second visit here. Had 2 weeks this time. It's a lovely property within walking distance of all amenities. Well equipped house and very comfortable. We love it. Thanks again Yvonne.

1 Sep 2015
Thanks Claire
Glad you enjoyed it again. You're always welcome!
Yvonne
BurnUnite...
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, Cosy and Convenient.”
Reviewed 28 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We can only agree with all the previous positive comments. We had a very calm, comfortable and successful holiday here in the week between other big family events.
Versatile and smart accommodation with plenty space - even on a wet day.
It is easy to deal with the recycling issue by taking all packaging etc. to the recycling bins in the public car park behind the main street.
Many Thanks for sharing your lovely cottage.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location. Solid property.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Colette L
“A lovely place to stay in Alnwick”
Reviewed 25 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We have just had a lovely week , with this Georgian house in Alnwick as our base from which to explore the many castles, beaches and moors of Northumbria.

It was very clean and well equipped and in walking distance to the town centre and Alnwick Castle.

A wonderful spot and highly recommended.

Travelling group: Teenagers
HamptonJa...
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“well appointed home, recommended”
Reviewed 28 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Lovely double fronted cottage, pleasantly decorated and clean. Yvonne (the owner) has thought of everything a guest could require or need. Couldn't fault the kitchen seemed to have everything a real home from home.

My only criticism would be lack of recycling on the premises.

The house is situated round the corner from Alnwick castle and a short walk from the town centre although the road outside is fairly busy during the day it is quiet of an evening/night.

I would have no hesitation recommending this gem of a property to family and friends.

Thank you Yvonne.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: cleanliness, comfort and near to town
Liked least: lack of recycling
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
29 Jun 2015
Hi Elizabeth
Thank you for your review. I certainly take on board your comment about recycling, however, we've found that some guests do not take care what they put in for recycling and the bin is rejected. We've tried signs to let people know what is acceptable to no avail. So we've had to take the very difficult decision to not make the recycling bin available.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing