“Great home cooked Indian food”
Review of Mivesi

Mivesi
Ranked #29 of 129 Restaurants in Alnwick
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We would like to offer you a warm welcome to our family business Mivesi Indian Bistro and Indian Restaurant located in the centre of the beautiful Market Town of Alnwick. Our special style of contemporary and authentic Indian Cuisine is sure to excite while still keeping that "home cooked feel", our passion for great flavour is plain to see! During the day we serve Indian street food style wraps and light bites, and in the evening we transform into an elegant restaurant, open seven days a week. All our meals are available for take away. We wait to welcome you in our family run restaurant, as my motto goes "coming into Mivesi is walking into my home with the same warmth and genuine hospitality".
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We have been to Mivesi twice now and always get excellent food, good service and are happy to recommend it. No licence, so take your own bottle, but they do serve soft drinks.

6  Thank Caroline B

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

My family and I had just moved 150 miles or so to the area so we were pretty hungry. My partner usually cooks curries as she’s of Asian origin and seeing as we’d not had a curry for a fair while thought we’d get some food from this establishment.

The interior looks contemporary and cool, with purple and pink tones in terms of colour. Aesthetically, it was pretty easy on the eye.

The food....not such a great feature.

Not having the supplies available to get a curry cooked (onions, tomatoes, chilli, so on and so forth) we ordered food here and what I thought was a curry - which it was supposed to be - turned out to be mostly undercooked. The onions in particular. It was akin to opening a frozen ‘meal’ from Iceland. onions were not cooked thoroughly which ruined one aspect of it, the bhajis were totally not fresh as they were ROCK SOLID, and there was an item of seafood incorporated into a Bangladeshi dish that I feel quite certain was supposed to be properly shelled but sadly was not. Generally it was poor quality and there wasn’t a happy experience to be had by anyone in the eating of the food we had ordered.

We travelled 150 miles for food that was pretty bad at that point.

Now that we’re a little more settled, I think it’s safe to say Mivesi can stay off our takeaway map!

They need to buck their ideas up.

9  Thank Marcus P
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Great food, best chicken tikka masala I’ve had in a while. The restaurant had a nice pleasant ambiance. The service was good the staff are very friendly.

6  Thank Odyssey91992
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Coming from Leeds we are overflowing with curry houses and rarely do we have a bad one, however this is the second time we have stayed in Northumbria and the curries are just not the same, my wife ordered a korahi dish which had been cooked in honey and was just sweet, the same dish in Leeds is not cooked in honey and has a great hot taste, also there were huge amounts of very roughly chopped onion and hardly no chicken so we asked the cook to remove the dish and cook without any honey which in fairness he did but the curry was not a patch on what we get served in Bradford or Leeds, I really feel sorry for the people in Northumbria but if they are ever in Bradford or Leeds on a night out they really need to try an Agraa or Akbers curry house, yea they may be a franchise but this is the type of dish any curry house around here will serve up so sorry we have learnt our lesson and will not be going for a curry any where in Northumbria

5  Thank shaymen59
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I'll keep this short and sweet - waited an hour just to receive a drink and an hour and a half for our starters. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't great and certainly not worth the wait and we weren't the exception. The whole ground floor of the restaurant had the same experience and looked very fed up.
I could have maybe let the wait for food slide if they were apologetic and drinks were flowing. But waiting an hour just for 2 cokes is a joke. Wouldn't return here.

4  Thank nicolajapp