“A friendly welcome as usual”
Review of Caffe Tirreno

Caffe Tirreno
Ranked #13 of 123 Restaurants in Alnwick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Quality authentic food served daily 01665 605455
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant on half a dozen occasions and have always been touched by the warm, friendly welcome on offer. The genial staff are always up for banter and their attention to detail is commendable. The food on offer is always fresh and cooked to order; there are notices informing customers that a short wait might be necessary. I heartily recommend Caffe Tierro to anyone seeking a satisfactory and affordable meal out in a convivial and welcoming atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

What used to be a good Italians has really gone down hill. Staff no longer are smiling and not bothered other than that its a good place to eat but wont rush back anymore.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Food was okay and service wasn’t good need staff that smile and make you feel welcome! I wouldn’t recommend people to this Italian

Reviewed 8 April 2018

The food here is good to very good. I write fair reviews and have only ever given 1 star once and a only give 5 stars at the very best places. I liked it here and so did the family. I had both specials. The mushroom soup was very good. The seared tuna was good. My son loved his pizza and my eldest enjoyed his pasta Napoli. My wife had Pizza with olives and anchovies. The polish staff took the edge of the authentic Italian feel to the place and their music was on a loop and wasn't Italian but Polish Folk. Nothing against the Poles I have a lot of Polish friends but I was in an Italian Restaurant. The younger girl was a tad brusque and her elder senior colleague was barking orders at her. Not what you want to see or hear. The kitchen door was open and there were some raised voices. The younger waitress left before the end of service leaving the older girl who was doubling up as KP. The service deteriorated toward the end of our stay. The Tiramasu had a lovely base but the cream was from a can and not marscapone. I would eat here again but it's just good not great. Hence the 3 stars.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Walked in off the street with my two hungry young children and it was packed. The waitress was really accommodating, even explaining to another waiting group that she was going to seat us first.
She then helped us to expedite our food as toddlers aren't renowned for their patience!

The food itself was really nice. Simple and not over complicated Italian, but well cooked. we all had different dishes and I would have been happy with any of them.
I would heartily recommend this place, and would definitely return.