“Celebrating Father's Day.”
Review of George Inn

George Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in Oundle
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

The men had the mixed grill that came with fries, others had a Sunday roast and it looked like it was good quality, with large portions. Reports were that it tasted as good as it looked. However, I made a special request for something off the set menu; surprisingly, I'm not a great meat eater, but their steak, mushroom and ale pie is so tender and full of flavour, that it's become my favourite.
I don't just mean to celebrate the fabulous menu, taste, good portions and quality, but I also wish to celebrate the staff. Any negative thoughts that one might have about the "youth of today" are completely dispelled, as they have always gone out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I couldn't recommended ALL of the staff enough.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

It was a quiet Tuesday just an hour before they closed according to the sign on the door. We were made to feel very welcome and taken through the menu choices and I have to say the food was excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend.

1  Thank Brian335
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent service very dog friendly ask twice if we needed water for the dog ' ordered two takeaway pizza very good service pizza excellent will be returning

1  Thank Caz H
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Having heard that they were making steady, positive change I thought I'd give it another shot and have since been twice, just for "pub drinks". Excellent service, and it's safe to say The George is in good hands now.

The atmosphere and decor has really improved, as has their beverage and snack selection. I have yet to try the food, but friends went a couple of weeks ago, and said it was very good.

So, the pub that was needed in this part of town appears to have arrived - just in time for summer in the pub garden!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Well cooked. Well presented. Good portions. Good value for money.
Helpful, friendly staff.
Clean, relaxing, attractive environment with separate dining area that is very welcoming. In addition, lovely traditional pub setting in beautiful small market town.