“Second visit to Brew Babu”
Review of Brew Babu

Brew Babu
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Oundle
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Brewbabu is a quirky boutique tea shop style restuarant specialising in great food and a large selection of loose leaf teas blended especialy for Brewbabu served in teapots on individual trays per customer, we also offer 8 varieties of coffees roasted locally and served in a French press, plus traditional house blend expresso, Flat White, Latte, & Cappuccino all served with a double shot unless advised. We have 2 varieties of Hot Chocolate, a selction of milkshakes served in milk bottles, an amazing Fruit smoothie, a selection of Bubble Teas and a mixture of soft drinks. Brewbabu is licenced and we can serve you with a choice of bottled beers and wines by the glass or bottle. Please do give us a try, we look forward to being of service to you.
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is the second time I have visited Brew Babu and I can honestly say you couldn't fault the service or the food. My friend wanted a cheese scone which is usually served with slices of cheese, when I asked if she could have this with soft cheese? Alison said this wasn't a problem. The drinks were served very quickly with the waitress explaining how the egg timer would indicate the tea was ready be poured. I would definitely recommend the bacon bagel for bruch, the strawberry tea was also refreshing. I will certainly be returning very soon. Well done Brew Babu!

2  Thank Barney427

Reviewed 19 June 2017

First time visit to Oundle and had spotted this tea specialist outlet on line with encouraging signs. Expectations were met, and then some. We called by mid-afternoon on a Monday, so benefited from the it being relatively quiet. A violet tea, coconut bubble tea and savoury scone later, my wife and I were set up for the remainder of the day.

The cafe is in a prime location and offers some original lunchtime soups and treats alongside a wealth of teas and coffees. The board games, including a vintage snakes and ladders were an added bonus!

Friendly staff, a relaxed atmosphere and some charming culinary gifts on offer make Brew Babu a must when in Oundle. I must say that Oundle surpassed all expectations too, a most quaint market town.

2  Thank Nuno_Rocks
Alison F, Owner at Brew Babu, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for the lovely review. It will be our pleasure to serve you again next time you are visiting Oundle.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

My mum and myself visited Brew Badu after I came across it on trip advisor.
And it is safe to say we are so glad we went.
The tea and coffee were fabulous and the food was amazing.
Friendly staff so it was a lovely visit all round.
We would definitely recommend it to our friends.
Thanks again.
We will be back(:

3  Thank SLF95
Alison F, Owner at Brew Babu, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Hi, Thank you for your recommendation. I am so pleased you enjoyed your spontaneous brunch with us, and look forward to you visiting us again. Alison

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Met my friend for morning beverages. Brew Babu have such an extensive range of speciality teas - you would be hard pressed to find one you liked. I could also highly recommend the Tea-Bread which was delicious. The staff are very attentive and I would definitely recommend to anyone.

2  Thank Jan W
Alison F, Owner at Brew Babu, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Thank you, I am so pleased you enjoyed our teas and tea loaf. The team and I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We waited for the cafe to open up and the young girl did't acknowledge us once.

We walked and took a table and waited...and waited....and waited and finally we asked a very bored looking girl for a menu. Sh plonked them in a pile on to the table - no eye contact, no conversation or greeting.

We then waited...and waited...and waited some more and finally called to the girl to ask to order and she then abruptly told us we had to order at the counter, which is 3 feet away and we were the only people in there.

We decided the new management was just as bad as the previous owners so left.

The waitress said not word in the whole episode - pathetic service.

1  Thank jcs12
Alison F, Owner at Brew Babu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time out to give Brew Babu feedback. I am at the end of my 3rd week since taking ownership.
I am loving it but have not quite made it my own and do agree that one of the things we need to improve on is consistency at the front of the house.
Everyone should be greeted within a minute and properly engaged with shortly afterwards.

I do believe I have inherited a lovely team but clearly have some work to do on helping some of them get their personalities over to customers.

I am disappointed that this wasn't a great experience for you and hope you find it in your heart to give us another try one day.
Thanks