“Dishwater ”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I have heard great reviews of this restaurant from both family and friends??? My starter was poor, my main meal sauce tasted ( and I am not exaggerating) like dishwater... literally. The rice was cold when I got home. This is the worst takeaway I have had in a long time and feel one star is too much.

If you are from the area don't go here!!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Dont be put off by the location or indeed the first impressions of Tong Thai. Once you step inside, the service and food are very good. The restaurant itself is lacking a little in atmosphere but the choice of dishes is wide and the food is well cooked and presented. The mixed starter is a good choice as you get to taste a little of everything and the curries are very good indeed. The wine list is perfectly acceptable with an interesting selection of Rose which makes a nice change. One of the nicest Thai meals we have had recently.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My partner took me to this fabulous little restaurant for my birthday night out. I love Thai food but had never actually been to a Thai restaurant and this was no disappointment! All staff dressed in traditional Thai attire. Food was incredible. Staff were lovely. Highly recommended for a special occasion.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Visited this restaurant for the first time in a couple of years. I had actually forgotten just how good the food was!!
Our party of six chose different dishes and every single person commented how much they enjoyed their food. Service was friendly , but not too imposing . Exactly the way it should be. It would be difficult to pick out any one particular dish, however one of the party had Crispy Sea Bass Chilli. Expecting a few fillets, we were all surprised when a whole Sea Bass was served. Overall a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Whilst the exterior and internal decor is nothing special the food and service was amazing. The jungle dish was the pick of all. Bearing in mind the quality of the food the pricing is very reasonable.

1  Thank Freddie24k