“Good enough ”
Review of Greenville Inn

Greenville Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We stay here for the races at Eldora. The owners are nice the beds are comfortable. This place looks like a hole in the wall in the outside but they keep it pretty clean.They have cheapened up and don't put anything out for breakfast. They want you to use the restaurant. The problem is I get up too early and it's not open. With the amount of money they charge for race weekends you would think they could put out a muffin like they used to. At best this is a $60 room they charge $140 in the race weekends. I'm considering going to the Holiday inn and spend the extra money. Over all I say make sure there's not a race going on at Eldora or you going to pay, that's how it goes with all motels.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

This place is disgusting. Email confirmation. $434.88 for 2 rooms with king size beds and pull out couch for 2 nights. 4 adults and 4 children. It was very hard to find because the sign was out. When we pulled up it looked like...well I won't say but it should of only cost $50-60.00 at the most. There was 1queen with one chair. We complained and they called us telling us they were moving us to another room so next room?, two rooms adjoining, one king, and one queen, 3 chairs (one was a recliner). Our 4 children had to sleep on the floor. The toilets were filthy. We put the kids in to take showers and the drain was clogged. We called the front desk and the lady from the front desk came to put cleaner in it and by the time we left it still had 4 inches of standing water. This site lies to people about how nice and clean it is. LIES. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed 18 July 2016

First of all had a hard time finding the place, called the hotel and the lady working the desk was friendly and helpful. Pulled into the parking lot and my 7 year old says to me dad, are we seriously staying at this place? I said benefit of the doubt buddy, don't judge! Walk in to check in and the lady is friendly, asks for my card and runs it, hands me a bill to sign, I said what's this, she said we charge prior to your stay and I look and it is for (2) nights at $140/night!! I signed up for (1) night at $87!! She say it's race weekend and I said I don't care, I'm here for baseball! She instantly got defensive with me and I said I'll call and cancel payment right now, I am not paying for (2) nights, I only need (1) night. I was told well, my boss will be mad and I said I don't care! It was supposed to be a fun dad/son night out before his first ever travel ball tournament so I dropped the rate per night issue and ate the $60. But the place is out dated, over priced, smells musty and moldy with antique tv's. But, the bed was comfortable, it was pretty clean. They also advertise a Continental Breakfast, yeah, don't believe that either! Also, good thing I set the alarm on my phone because I never did get my wake up call!

Room Tip: My tip to anyone who is thinking about this place...keep driving, don't stop!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2015

I was only in the room a minute or two. That is, after I FOUND the place, because their sign wasn't lit (broken and was told turning it on would be a fire hazard). Given the condition of the room, I checked for bed bugs and this is the first place I have ever actually found one! It only took finding one (an adult) and I was immediately out of there. I didn't bother checking to see if there were more. I returned the actual key (not a key card) to the front desk and informed them of my find. The person at the desk was surprised and said "I wonder who was in that room last?" and "I wonder who cleaned that room?" She offered me another room, but I would have slept in my vehicle if I had not been able to beg a place in Piqua. This is my first hotel review, but I have stayed in many hotels. I usually pick hotels of mid-range quality, but this one was booked for me by someone local, who also felt horrible for my experience. I ended up staying on an acquaintance's couch the second night because it was "bike weekend" in Piqua and the room I found that night wasn't available the second night. As it was, I was only given the room because someone didn't hold their reservation with a credit card and it was after 11pm, so the clerk let me have their room for the night.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Dog_Trainer24-7
RockyP851, Manager at Greenville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

NOT A BED BUG
We are sorry that in your haste to leave you did not give the clerk a chance to inspect the room. If you had we could have told you that it was only a beetle. Our staff has been trained where to check and what these bugs look like in order to deal with this national problem. The Fire Marshal called and told you this was a case of mistaken identity. We hope that in light of this information you will give us another chance.
Management

Reviewed 12 August 2015

We were traveling the "Worlds Largest Yard Sale" and needed a place to stay that was handicapped accessible since my wife is handicapped. This was not that place for that. They had NO handicapped rooms yet the hotel was only partially filled. They gave us a room in the back sandwiched between two rooms with walk-in showers yet none of the customers were handicapped...I talked to them. The entire hotel smelled like an ash tray or strip joint. In our room all but one of the lights was working until I went around and screwed all the light bulbs in since someone had loosened them all. I was sorry I did that. The wall the bed head board was on was riddled with chunks out of it and white chip marks over the entire surface. The floor was spotted and nasty. The ceiling in the bathroom over the tub was covered with black mold and the over fill hole in the sink, which you can see while sitting down, was filled with black mold also. The tub was slippery when it got wet and soap covered and there were no handrails to grab onto. The toilet seat was broken as well as split causing my wife to pinch her butt on it. The entire room smelled musty and wet. The small refrigerator freezer was so frosted over you couldn't put anything in it. The top sheet on the bed had black stains on it which looked like black mold also. The front desk clerk on the morning we checked out was rude, uncaring and short with us when we tried to lodge a complaint. If she worked for me she would have been looking for a new job the next day. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Suzanne W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
2.6 km away
32.9 km away
The Golden Inn
The Golden Inn
#2 of 2 in New Paris

Been to Greenville Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK