“Stunning Building within Beautiful Grounds”

Monk Fryston Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monk Fryston
Middleton, United Kingdom
“Stunning Building within Beautiful Grounds”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

It took me by suprise how lovely the building was.. from the outside, and although the interior is a little tired I would recommend this as a venue for any function, if there is no more than 50 guest's, as the function room is rather small. Bar prices were noT reasonable averaging for a gin and tonic and a martini and lemonade coming in at just over £10.

Room Tip: Take your own booze and drink it before you go downstairs
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Liversedge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I had the pleasure of being at this lovely hotel for my son's wedding , the staff were all very friendly and helpful to all the guests , they also were very supportive to my son and daughter-in-law in the build up to the wedding and during there special day, the rooms were very warm and welcoming, everything you need for a stay there wither it be one night or a week,the grounds are so beautiful for pics of your wedding day, the food was second to none, so a big thanks to all the staff and hope to come see you again.

thanks from Rosie

Room Tip: room 26 was my room , any room would be good as I saw a few on my visit.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed here with my wife for a friends wedding, lovely grounds and wonderful building. Our room was very nice and the bed very big and comfy. I have to agree with other reviews reception is a nightmare to find to check in and the rooms are signed that well. But all in all very nice

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Falkirk
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was booked in here for one night, as I was attending a business meeting very close by I normally end up in a travel inn, but the proximity of this was attractive and I got a great deal of £60.50 for single occupancy of a double room - including breakfast.

The hotel is charming, all old wood and traditional decor. It is a little tired in places, but clean and comfortable.

The hotel is let down by lots of little things that in themselves aren't really a problem, but together build some disappointment.

I arrived at 5.30, looking forward to something to eat. After struggling to find reception due to a terrible lack of signage, I was told dinner in the bar and in the restaurant start at 7pm. This seems exceptionally late to me and if I'd known, I'd have stopped en route instead of rushing to get here for dinner time. I was checked in and given very little information other than where my room was. No information about breakfast times, or offer of help with luggage etc. Again I followed practically non existent signage to my room. Not the best check in experience I've ever had.

Reading the information about room service, it informed me breakfast room service was available til 9.30am. But no information about the other room service menu. I decide to wait and have dinner in the bar. Looking forward to my steak pie, I head for the bar at 7pm. When I eventually found it (does this place have something against signage????) all the (half dozen) tables are full. Some warning about how busy the bar can get for dinner would be good.

I'm not dressed for the posh dinner room so I resign myself to room service after all. There lies the next problem. "Dial 200 for room service" the menu tells me. I go to the phone - or at least I would if I could find it. Turns out my room has no phone. So I have to go back down to reception to order room service. Kind of defeats the purpose really. I will say though, when it came it was absolutely delicious and piping hot.

Reading other reviews regarding price, I would agree that for a rate of much more than £100 for a couple in this room, I'd feel ripped off. I also get the feeling, everyone here assumes you know where you are going and what you are doing. I felt like I was intruding in someone's house for most of my stay!

Room Tip: I was in room 3. It had a four poster bed and is a good size.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Hambleton, Selby
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I've dined here on a numerous of occasions, I even got married here, and of course, we have our wedding anniversary and christmas party meal here every year.

The service is of top quality. The staff can do enough for you, they make the whole experience amazing.

The food is scrumptious, portion sizes are just right and the quality..... Brilliant.

The wine is delicious.

The room we stayed in for our wedding night, was beautiful and huge. As for the other rooms I can not say since I have never seen them.

I can not state just how much I love this place - this is how eating out is supposed to be.

Perfect.

Rudding Park Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Follifoot
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,490 reviews

Been to Monk Fryston Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK