“My totally favourite place!!!!”
Review of Pheasant Inn

Pheasant Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Harome
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 88
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Pheasant Hotel is a 16 bedroomed country hotel in the beautiful village of Harome in North Yorkshire. Overlooking the village pond the Pheasant's restaurant is open all year round to non-residents. In good weather, the Terrace overlooking the village pond is the perfect setting and the Conservatory, Bar and Lounge offer further non-weather dependent alternatives. Chef Patron Peter Neville is very much a hands-on chef who takes great pleasure in serving fresh, British food with an emphasis on locally foraged ingredients. With fields, river and woods only a quick hop over the garden wall there is no shortage of fresh finds and inspiration. Menus are heavily influenced by changing seasons and the best local produce available. The Pheasant is open to both residents and non-residents throughout the day, subject to planned closures owing to wedding party exclusive use.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I stay frequently with my sister who lives near The Pheasant so I have been to this amazing place lots of times for everything from drinks, to breakfast, afternoon tea, lunch, dinner, birthday party and silver wedding reception. Every time I feel incredibly lucky to be able to go somewhere so beautiful inside and out, where the food is absolutely top standard and the staff always go out of their way to make us feel special. If you haven't been you are missing the most perfect hotel in a really lovely location. Liam deserves a special mention. He is so charming, witty, friendly and attentive, he makes a real difference to your visit. I admit to being slightly disappointed when he wasnt there for my wedding anniversary meal the other night!!!

Date of visit: April 2018
PNeville, Owner at Pheasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much Ruth for your lovely review and very kind words. We will pass on your great comments to the staff and especially to Liam - his head is already getting far too big! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pheasant very soon, Peter, Jacquie and all the Team.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Having lived in Helmsley this gem of a place was always one of my favourites.

So, no better way to celebrate your birthday with family having a truly scrumptious lunch.

There’s so much I love about this place. The informality of dining & chilling in the cosy bar area on a chilly day with the log fire burning. The squishy chilled out lounge area. The lovely garden area.....the food, the service.....and the list goes on.

With a family of 4 plus an energetic 2 year old, the staff made us so very welcome despite the fact they were gearing up for a wedding party.

Food excellent....I had mussels to start which were presented beautifully & out of their shells.....perfect! Followed by the salmon salad. Hubby went for the ox cheek pie....we all had food envy!

We’re back in a couple of weeks, just the two of us celebrating our anniversary & I couldn’t think of a better place.

1  Thank Rochalovesruby
PNeville, Owner at Pheasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you so much for your lovery review and very kind words. We look forward to welcoming you both back when you come for your Wedding Anniversary. Best wishes from Peter, Jacquie and all the Pheasant team.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Living locally I’m fortunate enough to have visited the Pheasant on a number of occasions. Regardless of season it’s the perfect place to go, in summer the terrace is beautiful and on the colder days you couldn’t ask for a cosier bar and lounge. As a vegetarian it can be really difficult to get as delicious and interesting food as meat eaters, often only getting one or two options on a menu. At the Pheasant there is always a great selection and as long as you explain, even the canapés will be adapted. A total gem of a restaurant.

PNeville, Owner at Pheasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your great review Cecily! We strive to cater for all dietary requirements so it's great to hear that you enjoy our vegetarian options. See you again soon, Peter, Jacquie and all the Pheasant Team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very good food, would recommend! My husband had the half chicken and I had the casserole - there was so much meat in both dishes we struggled to eat everything. Excellent value for money, nicely decorated and very central next to the car park.

PNeville, Owner at Pheasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for your kind words and lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pheasant soon. Kind regards, Peter, Jacquie and all the Pheasant Team.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

5 star service and 5 star food.

From the minute you enter the staff a very welcoming and get take you through to a bar lounge area and get you sorted with drinks and a menu.

Canapés then followed, like cheese profitta roles. Wow. These are very nice.

The three course meal was great.

Risotto - very tasty
Lamb - best lamb I've ever eaten
Chocolate and salted caramel - I could have eaten 10 portions it was that good.

Thank you for a fantastic meal.

PNeville, Owner at Pheasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you Andy K for your lovely review. Although we agree that our chocolate and salted caramel is fantastic, I am not sure we can recommend eating 10 portions! We have passed your kind comments on to all the Pheasant team, with best wishes Peter and Jacquie.