Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Red Lea Hotel(Scarborough)
US$ 119
The Crown Spa Hotel(Scarborough)
US$ 237
US$ 207
  • Pool
Marine Residence(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
US$ 94
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
The Esplanade Hotel(Scarborough)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
1,567 results
All reviewsburger kinggalaxy baron sitesoft playpottery paintinggo kartspapa johnscrazy golfprestige caravanthe cliffentertainment staffcentral heatingholiday parkchildren's entertainmentgreat holidaynewer modelnight time entertainment
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely awful is the only 2 words I can say! After arriving in the rain at the main reception to check in to be told they had moved check in to the ‘pic n paint’ building we then loaded the children in the car for another tour round the caravan site before actually finding the building, which was in fact a play area with a pop up check in desk .. so as you can imagine rain , wet kids and annoyed parents that have had to traipse round just to check in!! Not best start to our easter holiday. No leaflets to let you know what entertainment was on that night in fact all that was left out where Sunday’s leaflets which was the day before.
We also had issues with underage drinkers making noise and being very antisocial behind the back of our caravan two nights in a row to also wake up to the fact we had no heating or how water to then find out our GAS BOTTLE has been tampered with! With three children in our caravan I find his absolutely outrageous as anything could have happened .. the parks response to the underage drinking and tampering with our gas was we can’t control other holiday makers and I’m sure your children wouldn’t have been at any harm. Victoria the holiday experience manager couldn’t have been less interested if she tried! The staff have such a laid back can’t be bothered attitude it’s insulting to people that have spent well earned money to holiday there! If it wasn’t for our three children begging to stay we would of packed up and came home on Tuesday morning as it hasn’t been a holiday it’s been a nightmare, we usually go to a haven site atleast once a year aswell as an abroad holiday as the kids loveba caravan but we WILL NEVER be returning to the blue dolphin.
I am also going to take it further as the whole response to any of our problems wasn’t dealt with correctly .
AVOID AVOID AVOID

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am currently sat freezing in Ash Close. Pitch 62 because the central heating has gone off, we were not given enough gas for our short 4 night trip.

Its half 11 at night, I called the 24 hour number an hour and a half ago and I am still sat in the cold.

When we arrived it took around an hour to check in because the site are just not organised enough.

The entire site is ridiculously waterlogged, I have already ruined a new pair of shoes here because the drainage is so poor.

When I first entered the caravan it was freezing cold and the electrics were not working, this was sorted ok.

I have since come across cash machines not working, the gents bathroom in the Brigg House has been out of order all week, bathrooms out of order at the swimming pool and everything costs a fortune.

We upgraded from a standard van for this absolute shambles.

2  Thank chris_sanders84
vic2riadurham, Manager at Blue Dolphin Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello

I am extremely sorry to read this review.

Our 24 hour team do their best to get to all guests that call and require assistance. Gas bottles cannot be replaced until empty and we cannot determined whether bottles are full or half full on caravans. This was just unfortunate that your bottle run out late at night, but we would certainly not have known you were to run out.

On arrival we do have a check in system but as you can imagine we do have a high influx of guests arriving on park and our staff do their best under the pressure given.

Cash machines on site are independently controlled the machines have a sensor which in turn notify the company who will need to them refill the machines, but our bar areas and shop do have cash back facilities.

Sadly weather is not something we cannot control being a cliff top park with grass coverage water and mud can cause issues on site and our grounds team are working hard to do the best they can with limited resources due to such bad weather.

Overall I am sincerely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us a Blue Dolphin. I'm not sure by your review whether you would return to Blue Dolphin but we certainly hope to see you at one of our other parks in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited the Blue Dolphin from Monday 26th - Friday 30th March as part of a group and we had a wonderful week.

The site is small but we found it well kept, clean and friendly. There was plenty of entertainment for the children in our group but we mainly used the site as a base for exploring nearby towns such as Filey, Scarborough and Whitby.

We spent the evening with The Seaside Sqaud and the entertainers were very good with the children. Numerous Anxious the Elephant teddies were purchased by our group!

The caravan was clean and modern but cold during the night! To be fair it was a cold week and we had a couple of frosty mornings but the caravan soon warmed up when we put the gas heater on.

Any minor issues (the ignition on the gas fire wasn't working upon arrival) were addressed quickly and the staff all around the site were friendly and helpful.

My only minor issues were the temperature in the pool and the mud around the caravans. I took my daughters swimming and they enjoyed it but I decided to get out of the pool when I noticed my two year old daughter's lips turning blue! It was then very cold in the changing room area which made my children (and myself) shiver.

We were fortunate in that we had a paved area outside our caravan but we noticed a lot of caravans didn't seem to have a path leading up to them. Many of the paths we did see were flooded and muddy. Again, the wet weather is out of Haven's control but I would have been annoyed at having to trapse through mud and puddles to get in and out of my caravan.

All in all we had a great stay and we will be returning at some point in the future but in the summer when the weather will hopefully be better.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad to hear your enjoyed your stay.

Your feedback will be shared with our Sports & Leisure Manager so he can review all your comments regarding our swimming pool.

Weather as you mentioned was not, and has not been great for a few week now so as such our park has been hit harder than we were expecting our teams have worked hard to maintain the best way we can, but sadly some guests did struggle with grass areas around their caravans and on park generally conditions were not good.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Blue Dolphin in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived an hour earlier than check in time went to the main reception and was told go to main complex get a coffee then return on an hour to check in. We did this to be then told we needed to go back where we'd come from as check in had moved. As it was raining we drove back down there. Parking was terrible. Not enough places. We then joined a queue that was very long. We stood in the rain for about half an hour. No staff came to give updates during this time. Once we entered the playgym it was another hour until I got to the front. The staff were all stressed. And having to find guest information in boxes. No real apology for the delay. By the time we were heading to the caravan it was almost 5.
Caravan was very clean and modern. Parking was a problem though as the rain had made the side of the caravan very muddy and there was no parking anywhere near the caravan.
Next day tried the swimming pool. I have to say it's one of the worst I've been in. Can't swim as it's too shallow. And absolutely freezing. I questioned a member of staff about the temperature and he said he'd see what he could do. People with very young children were getting out almost as soon as they'd arrived. Floor in changing rooms was also dirty.
Food in brigghouse was nice and staff were pleasant enough. Onsite takeaway is over priced.
No free WiFi for those who want it. No connection.
Maybe if weather had been better my experience could have been, but I won't be rushing back to blue dolphin in a hurry

2  Thank Karen E

Hi

This is certainly not the kind of review we want to see. However all feedback is good and we will use your comments to review our product and assess how we can make things better for our future guests.

I am sorry to hear your had such a bad experience on arrival our staff do their best on all our check-in days to ensure all are guests are kept informed and checked in as near to their check-in time as possible.

Weather has not been on our side from the start of the season and we have done our best in the weather conditions to maintain as best we can although cannot be held responsible for the weather and do try to address all the issues we have although with weather there is never an easy solution when our park is mainly grass based.

With regards to our swimming pool your feedback will be given to our to Sports & Leisure Manager to review all your comments. Our pool is set to a regulated temperature and is checked daily. Cleanliness in our pool areas is important so am sorry the floor in the changing areas was dirty. Any issues such as this should be reported to the team on duty who could of helped address this at the time.

Free Wi-Fi is available on site but only in our main complex and restaurant areas unfortunately we do not have full Wi-Fi access in each caravan but is something we are looking at in the future.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us but do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived on Thursday 29th March, we were allocated a pitch on the muddiest part of the field they could find, in fact , the whole site is waterlogged, the management should have closed this site to tourers , but no, they have had to tow caravans off the field everyday. The entertainment complex is about 1 mile walk to the touring field. It would be better if there was more hard standing areas and better drainage.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank John H

Good Afternoon

I am really sorry to read this review.

Unfortunately weather has not been kind to us from the start of season and whilst we try hard to maintain and keep the touring fields as best we can under such conditions I am sorry that we let you down on this occasion.

We are looking at ways to improve our site although limited to what we can do in such bad weather.

All feedback is good feedback and we will use your comments to review our product and assess how we can make things better for our future guests.

Thank you for providing your feedback.