1,155 results
All reviews afternoon tea snooker table classic lodges on arrival course evening meal scones cream tea country house hotel relaxing break bridal suite bottle of prosecco bed and breakfast beautiful hotel the north yorkshire moors no lift wedding party open fire
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I were booked for 3 nights. On arrival no assistance was offered with luggage up to our first floor room, but the room itself was spacious and spotlessly clean. Dinner was a massive disappointment. When asked by the waitress if the starters were alright I stated that my starter did not taste of Tarragon as described, she said she would pass on my comments to the chef..............I heard no more from anyone!
The main course my wife chose "Chicken Supreme"totally failed to live up to its billing being two tiny pieces (approx. half a chicken breast) of dry stringy meat. In view of the indifference shown about my starter comments we did'nt bother to complain and the bulk of my wifes plate was uneaten. Noticeably we were not invited to comment.
We ate dinner elsewhere for the duration of our stay. (Recommend Ellerby Inn)
Breakfasts were generally good, but in yorkshire you might expect a good quality sausage rather than something bread-filled and mass produced (Richmond Type).

This is a lovely property with lovely grounds and generally friendly staff. Drinks prices are high but what one would expect in an establishment of its type.

The food offering really needs to up its game. High prices for poorly cooked cheap ingredients ( Belly Pork, Chicken, Coley, sausages ) does not do justice to the type of establishment it is trying to represent itself as.

A Pity.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Grinkle Park Friday and Saturday night. We have a 18 month old baby and the staff were fantastic for us and little things like having a high chair already set up on a table for us for breakfast meant a lot. Sandwiches were really lovely (ham cheese and apple chutney especially), breakfast really nice and a proper pot of tea. Rooms clean and magnificent and grounds as people have referenced are amazing.
We had a fantastic break, thank you!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We went to a wedding vows renewal with all the family - about 90 of us. It was excellent, better than the actual wedding day ! The Hotel is grand , well decorated and furnished and retains character and style. The rooms were spacious and very well furnished. The whole occasion was managed by a wedding organiser and the bride and with the superb help of the hotel staff they created a wonderful afternoon and evening. Breakfast in the morning was excellent after a good nights sleep. After a walk around the lovely gardens in fresh Yorkshire we went home very happy.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lawns to rear of hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights at this hotel in August. The hotel is in a lovely setting amongst extensive gardens and adjoining land and makes a very peaceful and pleasant place to relax. It was once a very grand, privately owned house and has managed to retain a lot of that charm. Our double room was very comfortable with a good sized bathroom and was quiet. A nice touch was the hand baked shortbread parcels left with the tea and coffee each day. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast and supper on both nights of our stay. The food was tasty and well presented. The garden room is a pleasant setting to eat in. As the hotel is located in a rural area, it is necessary to have transport to get about. Whitby isn't far away and York slightly more than a hours drive. The staff were a very helpful team and nothing seemed too much trouble for them to make our stay a good one.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Grinkle Park is our go to place for some R&R & we are never disappointed. Once again we had a lovely stay. The food was delicious. The room spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The staff, as always, were friendly and helpful. We are already looking forward to our next stay.

Stayed: August 2018