Manor House B&B(Easington)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Grapes Inn(Easington)
  • Breakfast included
1,148 results
All reviewsafternoon teasnooker tableclassic lodgeson arrivalcourse evening mealcream teasconescountry house hotelrelaxing breakbridal suitebottle of proseccobed and breakfastbeautiful hotelthe north yorkshire moorsno liftwedding partylog fire
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A lovely hotel set in beautiful and peaceful grounds. Impressive long tree lined approach a haven for wildlife. Reception staff were verry efficient and helpful and explained breakfast times , dining times in restaraunt . The receptionist also showed us how to get to our room. We booked the break with tesco vouchers and upgraded to a deluxe room which was reasonably priced. The room was really large with a sitting area and verry large bathroom just what the doctor ordered for a relaxing break. The only downside was the service in the restaurant at breakfast and dinner which was verry slow. When asking if we could order our meal the waiter was quite rude and arrogant. We would stay there again without a doubt but this problem wants looking into.for the price of the meals they weren't up to scratch quite dissapointing. The hotel overall was verry hot especially in the bedroom fans are needed to cool it down.

Room Tip: Cant really say as we didnt see any other rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne G
RIbbott, General Manager at Grinkle Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I was particularly disheartened to read that a member of the team came across as arrogant and rude and will be investigating this issue further. I can assure you that I take a dim view on this and remedial action will be taken, once I have got to the bottom of it. Likewise I will be addressing the point of slow service.
I value all fedback as sometimes, without our guest valued and contructive feedback we are unawre of our shortfalls. Once again thank you and please do accept my apologises.
Please do come back again soon, when I am sure you will experience us at our true standards which we pride ourselves on
With best wishes

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Just had an enjoyable 2 night break at Grinkle Park. The hotel is beautiful and situated just within the North Yorkshire Moors - ideal base to visit Whitby, Scarborough and the must see Robin Hood Bay.
We had a lovely room overlooking the grounds and lake.
Breakfast was extensive and the food served at the evening meal was superb. Credit must go to the staff - excellent customer service and attention.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank g619thomas

Well what can I say? Your simply marvellous review says it all. Many thanks and please do spread the word.
It goes without saying - Come back again soon
With kind regards

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had as excellent Sunday lunch here the menu was simple so choice was easy. Friendly staff and good service only problem we had after asking for apple sauce it did not arrive until we had nearly finished but the food was cooked to our liking and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. We chose the three courses and every course was delicious, the price was good for the type of restaurant we were eating in.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Honey B

You cant beat a Great British Sunday Roast !!! If only we had served the Apple Sauce it would have been perfect. Seriously, I am delighted you enjoyed your lunch with us and rest assured I will remind the team of the importance of the sauces and accompliments.
We look forward to seeing you again soon
Kind regards

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was our first visit to this hotel and we enjoyed it immensely, it was everything my wife and I look for in a hotel, charming, quiet, first class service and lovely room. We were holidaying in the area so I organised this as a surprise wedding anniversary treat for my wife, with all the added little extras of staying in the Grouse Moor Suite with chocolates, champagne in the room and anniversary cake after evening meal this all made it an excellent stay. The staff are all friendly and polite also the service and food were top drawer. We will definitely go back given the opportunity.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WilksBurg

Wow!!! What a truly brilliant review and more importantly I am delighted you both enjoyed your anniversary with us.
All you need to do now, is spread thwe word, and dont forget birthdays, christmas, valentines and any other day when you just simply want to get away and trewat yourselves.
See you again soon
Richard and all the Team

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Came here yesterday with a friend as a treat for our birthdays. I can't say that I was overly impressed.

No complaints about the venue or staff but the afternoon tea was not up to scratch.

The cakes and biscuits were of a poor standard. Dry and poorly presented. Some looked as if they had been nibbled! (I'm sure they hadn't been)

Some of the crockery was chipped, it gave the impression that they didn't care.

I wouldn't rush back here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jhun8

Many thanks for your feed back. I was very dissappointed to read that we did not meet with your expectations. I must admit that the majority of the time we get it right - first time, everytime, however, quite clearly we failed this time.
I will be taking action on your comments and most certainly reviewing operating equipment as chipped crockery is like red wrag to a bull with me.
Please accept my humble apologises and rest assured should you give us a second chance you will experience our true standards
Kind regards