1,001 results
All reviews afternoon tea stately home cream tea wedding party wedding breakfast scones bridal suite drawing room beautiful hotel country house cleveland hills special occasion coffee machine eggs benedict evening meal birthday treat north yorkshire
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Lovely overnight stay for my partners birthday, immaculately presented room and very clean. service with a smile on reception. excellent freshly cooked breakfast brought to the room on time. Well done we will deffinatly stay again.

Stayed: August 2018
Elizabeth R, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Graeme,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your partner's birthday treat and for taking your time to share a lovely review. I am delighted to read that everything was as it should have been; from start to finish. I presume you meant to click on the 5th star rather than 4?!

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crathorne Hall again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here 11/08/18. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel so welcome. We had a three course evening meal which was Devine. Again the service was second to non. All of the staff work so hard and the hotel is spotless. We have just booked to come back in September. Amazing romantic break. Thank you to all of the staff for making it so special.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth R, General Manager at Crathorne Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear D Clarkson,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking your time to share your feedback online. I am so pleased to read that you were made to feel so welcome from start to finish and that everything was as it should have been. We look forward to welcoming you back to Crathorne in September for more of the same!

With best wishes

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I stayed three nights at this location and overall enjoyed the stay. The property is located on a good size acre land with lush greens and short walk/run trails around. I am a jogger so enjoyed my morning/evening jogs through this scenery. I was in Room Kildale [rooms have names vs. numbers here] on the 4th floor. This small room was just adequate for one, had a small window but with an old, worn-out carpet. The breakfast/dinner quality and taste in the downstairs restaurant was really good. I arrived well before their check-in time and the front desk did their best and got me in the room shortly thereafter. A short cab ride to a nearest town - Yarm - has some nice eateries, shops to walk around. I'd heard of a nearby shop/diner within 10min of walk from the hotel but didn't go there. Overall, a nice place to spend a weekend with the family. I believe, the hotel has rooms in all sizes since it is a wedding/ceremony/reception venue, so you might want to inquire the room size before you book.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank AMS_Traveller_MK
Reviewed 7 August 2018

.A good hotel, the suites are excellent, but the rooms do get hot in the summer and no air con and windows only open a couple of inches. Bit of a mix up on rooms one of the couples were shown into their suite which was already occupied fortunately for the occupants they had just got dressed. The food was good not excellent. The staff were very attentive especially Mo who could take a joke and made the meal times for our party. Was nice weekend break but overpriced. Would maybe stay again but price for what you get puts me off, stayed at better stately home for less.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Bill,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking your time to share your feedback online. I am pleased to read that you had a good stay overall however the mix up with the bedrooms was very painful to read - I am so sorry for this awkward situation. I am also sorry that you felt your stay was overpriced and would greatly appreciate that you contact me directly so that I can understand where we fell short of your expectations. We are very competitively priced without our market up here in North Yorkshire so any further feedback would be helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

eraine@handpicked.co.uk

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Relaxing location for a short stay. Staff are very welcoming and helpful, who once you are registered actually remember your name and use it when helping you.

Restaurant has very good quality food with good selection of menu items.

the Hotel is set in wooded grounds offering chance to take short woodland walks and chill out.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms are worth the extra.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Wornishnook,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking your time to share your feedback online. I am delighted that you had a relaxing comfortable time with us and all was as it should have been.

Perhaps next time you can return for a slightly longer; I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.