“Terrible Food”
Review of Old Farmhouse

Old Farmhouse
Ranked #12 of 180 Restaurants in Scunthorpe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hello & welcome to your Hungry Horse. Each pub offers unrivalled value with a menu and drinks range bursting with choice and flavour for you to enjoy. Be sure to get to know your local inside out as we offer a range of facilities to suit the local guests which can vary from pub to pub. Have fun and fill up on good times!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Me and my husband took my father and 2 of our grandchildren for a lunchtime meal.
My father ordered the pie with the steak on top sat on a bed of mash potato, it looked nice when it arrived but the steak was inedible it was so tough that dad couldn't even cut it and the onion rings were cold.
My grandchildren had finished their meal and I took them into the Wacky Warehouse as promised and unfortunately wasn't at the table when the waitress came to clear it and apparently dad had left most of his meal, had I been there I would have made a complaint. Spent £67.00 on food, drinks & wacky warehouse cost £7.00!!
Sorry but won't be visiting again.

Manager O, Manager at Old Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi

We are very sorry to read that you was not happy with your last visit to the Old Farmhouse, we regret we had not heard about this whilst you was here, as we would have done everything we could to rectify the issues for you, as we never want a guest to leave unhappy. Also afterwards we are unable to see for ourselves what the issues were, as this helps us to prevent from happening to others.
We can see from your feedback that the chefs had presented the meal correctly and note it was the quality of the steak that your father was unable to eat, we can assure you we will feed this information back to our suppliers, we will also monitor any other issues with our steak range.
Please feel free to get in touch to discuss further, as for dad not eating his dinner, we are more than happy to treat him next time, and could arrange that with you.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for my friends little girls birthday party, all the children really enjoyed it. We had Chris as the host he was fab

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to read that all the kids enjoyed them selves, I will pass on your comments to Chris

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I came to the farmhouse after my friends told me how good it was. My wife and I had the burgers and the kids had the meatballs (kids menu). The food was excellent and our server who I believe was called Wendy did a great job and recommended the food, she was very polite and helpful. Many thanks and we will be visiting again.

Hi

Its great to read that your friends told you how good we was, to do try to ensure that every guest has a great experience. Wendy will be delighted with your comments, I shall pass them on to her

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I saw the old farmhouse was having a mad hatters tea party on the same day as my daughter's 3rd Birthday so we decided to purchase tickets for all her friends. The mad hatters tea party included food , drinks, a play, party games, petting animals and a goodybag with a free play on your return. I would definitely recommend and will be going again it was great value for money . Chris, Danielle and the rest of the team did a great job

Its great to read that it sounds like you had a great time, we do try our best to hold events through out the year. Ill pass on your comments to our Wacky team

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I rated this no1 because everything was perfect from booking the table to leaving the old farmhouse,Just try it and you will know what I mean.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Hope to see you again soon