“Lovely Hotel with very friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Millfields Hotel

Millfields Hotel
and 1 more site!
Millfields Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Grimsby
Scunthorpe
“Lovely Hotel with very friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We have just returned from an over night stay at Millfields. We were there for a wedding and it was lovely from start to finish. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and were bigger than expected. The food was lovely and the portions were very generous,with some nice touches for a breakfast choice, like smoked Grimsby haddock or smoked salmon and poached eggs on a muffin.I would stay at Millfields again and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank karen R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bildeston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed in Millfields on business for a few nights. It wasn't my choice, I was booked in, but went with it anyway. A slightly quirky set up. Car park very busy when I arrived, but then realised it was due to people in the gym / squash courts. There certainly weren't as many cars in the mornings. Room was very average, dark, hot, with a dehumidifier in it presumably to stop any damp smells. Food was pub grub, menu tried to be something it wasn't. Bar gets inhabited by local bar flies as well in the evenings. I'd said I'd eat in the restaurant on my first night but when I ordered my food at the bar and said I'd sit in the restaurant, I was told it was all set for breakfast and closed for the night?! Was also noisy in the mornings, doors slamming, noisy pipework etc.

I didn't return the following week when I needed to stay away, I went somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank trebbisa
Immingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

A lovely, big, listed building has been turned into a spa hotel with gym. Clean, comfortable with good service and great food.

You can eat in the restaurant before 6 pm from a short(ish) but varied menu on a buy one get one free basis. The food is fresh and plentiful, and the fresh Grimsby fish and chips is absolutely fabulous

There is a more extensive menu if you want to eat later

Well worth a visit for food, real ale, good coffee, comfortable surroundings, and al fresco on a lovely warm day or evening

Room Tip: Go before six and have the fish and chips
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lynneth44
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed at the Millfields Hotel whilst on a business trip in Grimsby. The hotel delivered on all counts. Location, cleanliness, ammenities, comfort and service.
With very friendly, helpful staff nothing was too much bother. Even a quick tour was provided upon check-in.
If you need a good quality hotel in Grimsby then look no further than this one.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Brummie barfly
Bishop's Stortford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was my first stay at Millfields. Although I was only there overnight, I would certainly stay there again.

Because I know the Town well, at first I thought I would choose somewhere slightly more central ... but as there were one or two appalling reports of such places, I didn't. And, despite the greater expense, I'm glad I didn't. It's only a short walk up Brighowgate to Top Town, or along Cartergate to West Marsh for the Alexandra Dock; also, Park Drive is nearby: People's Park's a picture. "Park and ride" - parking at Millfields - is eminently feasible for getting to many places in Grimsby or Cleethorpes.

At Millfields, the staff were welcoming and friendly, without exception; and highly efficient too, I thought. My room was nicely decorated and furnished, and beautifully clean, as was the en suite shower room.

The Lincolnshire breakfast was splendid: both tasty and filling. I recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AS H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grimsby
1.9 km away
The Burlington Hotel
#1 of 9 in Cleethorpes
0.9 km away
The St. James Hotel Grimsby

Been to Millfields Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK