Millfields Hotel
US$ 77
US$ 69
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 78/night.

US$ 73
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
US$ 86
Hotels.com
The Yarborough Hotel(Grimsby)(Great Value!)
US$ 52
  • Restaurant
US$ 60
  • Restaurant
US$ 77
PremierInn.com
US$ 152
US$ 147
All reviewscoach housefitness suitesquash courtvery enjoyable experienceherringgood sizewedding receptionstaying at this hotelvaried menufood was lovelyserved quicklyfish chipscooked to perfectioncomfortable roomsreception areasteakcar park
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have used this Hotel on all my visits to Grimsby.

the food is excellent and very good value for money.

The rooms are comfortable and a few have been refurbished.
There is usually ample car parking however, last week I had difficulty due to a pilates class on Wednesday evening that started at 5pm. Get there before 5pm if possible to guarantee parking.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 28 - 30 very thin walls.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank yvonne_sharp
Reviewed 31 October 2011

First time trying Millfields for an afternoon meal and I was impressed with the value for money and tasty food.

We actually had an entire part of the restaurant to ourselves and were able to savour the autumnal feel of the surrounding grounds.

I settled for vegetable stroganoff, which was very tasty - the hints of Dijon mustard being very evident. There were plenty of vegetables in the sauce, along with lots of different styles of nuts. The accompanying rice was cooked well and was light, not stodgy.

Service was very good and attentive, particularly at dessert time, although the dessert I went with, Baileys Cheescake was a little bit of let down because it was obviously straight out of the freezer, although it was nice enough - but not to the standard of the main course.

My main complaint would be that on the 2-for-1 menu there is only one vegetarian option and this isn't really sufficient when stroganoff is not to everyone's taste.

However, looking at the various evening and Christmas menus, I would definitely consider a trip back to try some of these different fares.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jonnybgoode82
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed here recently; good size car park, has gym facilities as well as a squash court. My purpose was just a room for the night

The room was a good size, nothing spectacular. The bathroom was large; does require updating.

Only fault is, the rooms have thin Walls, so conversations and late night noises can wake you easily.

The service was attentive and quick.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Aamar D
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed at Millfields when visiting a customer.
The hotel was good nice bar and good choice of beers and drinks. I went to bed happy with it all.
In the morning I came down to breakfast and had to wait so long to order my breakfast I was too late for anything but toast !
Then I went to check out and another delay. There seemed to be only two people doing everything. It seemed that Millfields were saving a wage or two but happy to let service suffer.
The two girls who were running about were really busy and under the circumstances cheerful.
In contrast the bar the night before seemed to have at least enough staff. Strange
Would I stay here again ? Only if I knew that they cared enough about my visit to employ enough people to service those who stay.
The room seemed OK. The bathroom seemed very tired. The bath and the tiles looked like they had been there since early 70's.
To summarise they seem to be close to a very good hotel but happy for small things to let it down !

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CambridgeWhitey
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights with my partner whilst he was working in Grimsby for a few weeks, and cannot fault the service I had from the staff. They were all really friendly, which meant a lot as my partner was working throughout the day and I spent a lot of time in the lounge area having quickly exhausted the local attractions.
The hotel looks lovely from the outside, and the accommodation was much better than I expected for contractor digs - we had a really good sized double room in a wing just off the bar and function room. The hotel had functions on every night at the weekend but even a wedding disco didn't cause any disturbance in our room. The bar area is comfortable and on sunny days the outside terrace is a lovely place to sit and chill out.
Although we mainly ate out, we did had a lovely meal in the bar one night with possibly the biggest gammon steak i have ever seen, so I would certainly suggest eating here (particularly since the gastropub next door leaves a lot to be desired).

Overall, I had a really pleasant time here and would certainly recommend it for business trips.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business