“A valentines meal out - superb!”

Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cleethorpes
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Having heard an excellent reputation about the Kingsway Hotel in Cleethorpes for good food - I booked a table for my partner and myself for valentines day. I left it rather last minute (the day before, as I was hoping he'd booked it but alas no!) however managed to get a table for 9pm - rather late but worked out quite well as my partner works till late.
We arrived early and managed to get a parking space right outside the front door (bonus) and made our way to reception where we told a very polite receptionist of our reservation. She told us to make ourselves comfortable in the bar area whilst we waited. Inside it was very oldy worldy with beautiful art on the walls - very picturesque! It wasn't long after we sat down with our drinks that a waiter arrived to give us the evening menu to browse. Returning a good time afterwards with a pen and paper to take our order and then leading us through to our table - very professional service. We were happy that there was bread on the table as an appetizer, as we were starved! My partner ordered a starter, which which was homemade chicken liver and brandy pate and bread with a side salad, which he said was delicilous!
For mains, I had the duck - gorgeously cooked in a plum sauce with tatties and vegetables - nicely sliced into edible segments. Whilst my other half had beef with a cheese sauce, which he said was cooked to his liking - there wasn't any left!
I even had room for pudding, which I was glad for as there was a lemon cheesecake, which was scrumptuous! Staff were attentive even though it was the end of the evening and brought the food out in a very timely fashion so we didn't have to wait long. Left feeling full and happy with a wonderful experience of food and service :) Hopefully my partner will take me again one day, although a bit on the expensive side - the food is definately worth it for that special occasion and the oldy worldy feel is definately something we enjoyed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I walked in off the street for this one - no booking. They had a room, and happy with the rate, stayed a couple of nights. Good brekky, secure car park and well, I'd be happy to stay again.
First rate staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here for one night and found the room to be comfortable and spacious. The bathroom had both a bath and a shower and was a really good size. Breakfast was a combination of buffet and cooked breakfast to order. The food was good and service was attentive and homely. This hotel is on the seafront and is well located for a walk along the beach in the morning. The service in the hotel was very good. The only downside was that it was quite a walk to the room and with luggage negotiating stairs was tiring.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Recent Stay for 1 night, room was clean but basic and in my opinion a little dated, staff were reasonably friendly but lacking in customer service skills.. I ate in the Restaurant and not once during the 3 courses did any of the restaurant team ask if everything was ok with the food etc.. fortunately, the food was excellent but spoilt by the lack of attention.. shame really because i think with a better focus on customer service this hotel could really shine.. great location.. would i stay there again.. yes, definately.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank sunnydays24
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Room was spacious and quiet, bathroom was lovely, large modern with a bath and a shower separate. Polite receptionist who organised a taxi. Traditional breakfast served upon matching china. Traditional seaside hotel with old world charm.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Lisa P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleethorpes
1.3 km away
The Yarborough Hotel
#1 of 10 in Grimsby
4.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby

Been to Kingsway Hotel Cleethorpes? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK