1,699 results
All reviews golf course q hotels golf break evening meal great golf spa treatments two double beds golf bar round of golf light lunch golf society main restaurant leisure facilities relaxation room steam room spa area superior room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I recently stayed here for my daughter wedding. I would recommend this venue for a wedding for anyone looking for somewhere. Rooms great, food, great, spar great. Vicky who was on duty at breakfast as one of the waitresses could not have been any better. She was happy on her work and could not have done more for us. She was a star and really refrutomhave some one so happy in her job. Thank you Vick6 for making our breakfast pleasurable. Food was great as well, xx

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Michael L, General Manager at Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving a review following your recent stay at Forest Pines for your daughters wedding.
Your excellent comments are important to us and we would all like to thank you. We are very fortunate to have excellent staff and superb facilities, which we have pleasure in sharing with our guests. I will pass your review onto Vicki - I know she will be thrilled.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a short stay for my wife’s birthday. I’ve got to say we were very impressed with our stay from start to finish. The staff were so helpful & nothing was too much trouble. From the reception, health suite, restaurant & breakfast area, the staff were always happy to offer their time and made us feel very welcome. We stayed in the Thornbury Suite and again we was very impressed, the quality of the furnishings, generous size layout of the room and bathroom and the thoughtful little touches was the icing on the cake. The bath was huge & very luxurious just like the suite. We both enjoyed the quality and selection of food in both the restaurant and breakfast area. We’d like to pass a very special mention to “Donna” who works on the reception desk and was amazing. She went out of her way to ensure our stay was special, greeted us with a lovely smile and made us feel welcome and at ease immediately. She went that extra mile and is a credit to the hotel, thank you Donna, We’ll definitely be visiting again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for this glowing review and extend birthday wished to your wife on her birthday, we are so glad your stay was positive and one to remember. It's great to hear such wonderful comments regarding all areas of the hotel. Your lovely comments are rewarding and I have made sure our teams (including Donna)are aware of your positive feedback, thank you so much.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Went with a group of golfers on a sunday/Monday package. The golf was good but beware all 3 courses are long. The course was full but it all flowed well, don't think we were waiting on the tee on either of the two days.
Hotel was what you might expect on this type of package, reasonable quality, clean rooms and staff were pleasant. Evening meal was a buffet as was breakfast. Both ok quality without being excellent. I would have given 4 stars but for food and drink outside the pre booked package. I thought these were expensive. A bite to eat after golf 2 days and a couple of bottles of wine at dinner and you are looking at £100. Took the edge off the package.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your golf trip I would like to thank you for your lovely feedback. I am glad you had a memorable round of golf and It's great to know that you enjoyed the challenges of the course.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel reception staff were welcoming and pleasant. Room was a good size with a large bed, plenty of hangers in the wardrobe, iron and trouser press. Addition of biscuits and water in the fridge are a nice touch.

The spa is also a good size, however was very busy around 5pm - worth avoiding at this time if possible as gym was extremely busy, as was the pool area.

Evening meal in the restaurant was nice, although service wasn’t the best, we had to ask to order drinks after our food order had been taken and the waiting staff weren’t the most assertive to the point we weren’t given a spoon to eat our desert with and had to use our starter forks which had been left on the table following our mains.

Hotel serves a good purpose but not sure i would rush to stay out with work trips, however I can’t speak for the golf or function side of the resort as I didn’t visit either.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I was pleased to read you had a warm welcome from our reception team and liked the additions in your bedroom.

I would like to express our sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced with service. Please be assured your comments have been taken very seriously and have been passed onto the relevant members of our team to take the necessary action to address the issues. This is not our usual standard.
I hope you would consider a return visit, so we may have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Forest Pines for a one night spa break with family. Lunch, dinner and breakfast included.
Positives:
Rooms were lovely and spacious, with everything you need, such as tea, coffee, biscuits and mini bar.
Food was beautiful, cooked lovely.
Spa treatment was good and attentive.
Negatives:
The spa itself was not good. They book far too many people for the size. Not enough sunbeds for people to sit and relax. Pool full of kids and no personal service. Can't get drinks around the pool.
Service generally was not good. The receptionist used the 'F' word, not good, especially as my 12 year old was there. Restaurant service slow and some staff a bit blunt. When asked if someone could fill my water bottle, was told to do it myself!!! In restaurant the staff got bill wrong and was then presented with an unexpected bill at checkout.
Staff could definitely use some customer service skills.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Forest Pines following your spa break. I am so pleased to hear that the spa treatments were enjoyed and you had a comfortable nights sleep.
I have taken note of the points you raised about the service, please accept my apologies for this I have passed this onto the relevant managers to address, with regards to the loungers and swimming lessons this is something we have changed as we understand on this particular weekend it was over crowded. We no longer hold swimming lessons on a Saturday. I hope we still get the opportunity to welcome you all back and hopefully show you an improved experience.