“Food ok, service very good.”

Artisan Cafe & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Artisan Cafe & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 88 Restaurants in Darwen
Reviewed 8 September 2018

So my wife and I wanted just something not too filling food wise.
So I went for the soup, which was Thai noodle, way too thick for me and no kick to it.
My wife had the scampi which was ok but the chips were frozen chips and she likes homemade.
My biggest gripe was that my wife had half a lager and lime and I had lemonade and lime and I was charged 75p more for my soft drink, very steep.
I've mainly given this review 4 out of 5 because I liked the owner and found him interesting to talk to and his people skills very good.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Having lived in Darwen for over 60 years & always ventured out of town for good food, was absolutely blown away with food at Artisan! Thankyou Jason, the food was amazing... so congrats to you & your team & a special thankyou to you for your recommendations - sadly we ignored ‘em and we were both stuffed full, but still managed to devour a pudding each -we’ll be back! Many thanks!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This has become a regular venue for lunch with my family and friends, popped in for lunch today and the chef very kindly cooked two dishes from the breakfast menu for us even at 12noon, the eggs Benedict was a winner with my daughter and I had the full English which was very nice, if I had to be picky I would prefer it on a plate not a cast iron dish but that's just personal taste, the staff are lovely and can't do enough for you especially the young lady that always seems to have a smile on her face, she is always very helpful when we have baby with us sorry I don't know her name but she's lovely, will be returning soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Visited today for Tuesday special - homemade soup & sandwich £6.95. Can't fault it, service good, always a warm welcome & food fabulous. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

great food. great beer. great service . great atmosphere... and 25% off on a Monday mskes it not just great but perfect