“Best indian in Darwen ”

Shapla Indian Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 88 Restaurants in Darwen
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 33
Description: Welcome to Shapla where we aim to make your order a delicious experience with a difference. Whether you are a connoisseur of traditional Indian cuisine or seeking new adventurous flavours to challenge your palate, we have something to satisfy every appetite. Our menu consists of some traditional eastern dishes, infused with western influences, to create a new and exciting fusion of flavours.
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I have lived in Darwen all my life this is my new favourite to eat in or take away.
I never have lamb at the risk its chewy but here i would its ao succulent and not chewy.
Food is always tasty and you can ask for it as hot or mild as you like staff always friendly.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Pleasantly surprised when we called in for an early evening meal last Friday. Restaurant quiet as it was so early. Nice staff, good quality food, perfectly cooked, with generous portions. Staff attentive & friendly, but not intrusive. A very enjoyable dining experience, and looking forward to eating there again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We visited on Monday group of 10 for my wife`s birthday,we were warmly welcomed,service and food was 1st.class.It was really quiet just 1 other couple present when we arrived.We were pleasantly surprised at the bill.we were expecting it to be higher than it was.The only downside was it wasn`t very warm,the heating was by floor portable gas heaters but this didn`t spoil our meal.Would recommend the food to anyone Will definitely visit again..

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant a few weeks ago. First time we’ve been since it reopened. The food was really good and the staff friendly and helpful, will definitely return.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I called in to the Shapla restaurant on Saturday evening. It was very quiet in there. The environment was clean and well-presented. Very pleasant.

The two members of staff I met were courteous and efficient.

My onion bhaji starter arrived quickly and it was very nice - crispy and not too oily with a fresh salad and two sauces.

For my main course I ordered lamb hasina with vegetable rice and a chapatti. It was pleasant enough but the lamb hasina was quite bland. I have visited dozens of Indian restaurants and I always order a lamb dish for my main course. Lamb has a distinctive taste even when surrounded by Asian spices. I might be wrong and only scientific analysis would prove this but in my judgement the meat in my main dish was very probably beef and not lamb at all. Consequently I was disappointed but it is a difficult issue to challenge.