“Very Impressed”

The Bees Country Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 227 Restaurants in Chorley
Description: Award winning family run eatery on Chorley Market. Healthy & wholesome breakfast, lunch & afternoon teas, chilled meals & stuff for your cupboard.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I've become very jaded lately after having visited numerous cafes with overpriced tasteless food. My husband and I were having a mooch around Chorley and came across this little gem. I had a hot chocolate (which was actually hot, a rarity it seems these days), with cream and marshmallows. It was lovely and rich with melted chocolate in the bottom and a chocolate lollipop on the side, all for just £2.00..........bargain, and gorgeous to boot. My husband had a pot of tea and a salted caramel cake (he said it was delicious). The lot came to less than £5.00 and was worth every penny. The service was fabulous and the staff were really friendly. Although we didn't have a meal there was plenty of choice and it smelled really inviting. A lovely place which we will be visiting for food very soon. Nice to see an independent doing well.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We visited here a few months ago, having travelled to and stayed over in Chorley to attend a book launch.
We were directed to this somewhat unusual eatery by the owner of the hotel in which we wer staying and glad of the advice.
A delightful meal in unusual surroundings, competently cooked and served.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

i rarely go to chorley, and it would be the last place that i would expect to find vegan food - but after some googling i thought it would be worth a visit after food shopping.

it's not immediately obvious what menu items are vegan, so when i asked i was kindly advised the foods available. they said they always have a hot vegan option, vegan breads and cold vegan options available! i went for the leek and potato soup to take out, which was a nice broth with plenty of tasty chunks.

they have an outdoor seating area which isn't particularly ideal when the weather is rubbish, but they're making do with what they have and it would be a great spot when the weather starts to dry and warm up.

Sarah B, Manager at The Bees Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Hi, Thanks for the lovely review! we're currently looking at outdoor heaters in readiness for next winter in addition to our cosy blankets and cushions. Hopefully spring is on its way though!

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Came here on recommendation as my family are vegetarians, Ordered our food and then sat down to eat our food. Whilst sat we observed another customer proceed to get served. The man was cutting meat, when she asked for her food she did mention that she was vegetarian, the meat was pushed to a side and and he wiped his hands on his apron and started to serve her, didn't was his hands even. You could see from her face that she wasn't happy but still she paid for it and sat down, after seeing this my family and myself left our food and left. When walking away we noticed that there where trays of uncovered bread behind his market stall. I don't think this is very hygienic.The guy who served us also has a large beard which was not covered, I'm not an expert but shouldn't this have a net on it. Very disappointed. Will certainly not be eating here again. Vegetarians be Aware. Was unsure whether to post but I think it should be mentioned
Review was removed so have re submitted as people should know the truth

10  Thank Jon M

Hi. Thank you for the feedback again. As previously requested, please can you contact me via email at thebeescountrykitchen@gmail.com within the next seven days. I previously asked you to do this but we never heard from you. I'm sure you understand that by posting a review such as this, the business concerned must have a right to reply. We cannot investigate this further from the information you have posted as there are inconsistencies with our usual standards of operation and we need further information. Certain aspects of what you mentioned cannot have happened in the last year, hence our concern. For your information, we have just been awarded our second five star hygiene rating. Please contact us your earliest convenience and we will attempt to resolve this. Many thanks, The Bees

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Brilliant food and a great choice of menu. Perfect for breakfast, lunch and even tea with their Bees Tea’s.

thanks for the lovely review!