“Rude staff Closes Early Try another Park.”
Review of The Pavilion Cafe

The Pavilion Cafe
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Chadderton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

330pm Friday Easter Holidays.

Chairs on tables only take out filter coffee available. Expensive not value for money.

Six staff hurrying to go home rushing u to make a

Very rude young staff

Try Queens Park Heywood facilities open late.Lovely staff.

2  Thank lion685
Michael C, Owner at The Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

The Pavilion Cafe opening times 8.45am-2.30pm are still clearly displayed at the front door, therefore my Staff would be quite within their rights to be clearing up to leave at 3.30pm.

As the weather improves, on good days we do extend our opening hours accordingly, up until 6pm in the summer.
In fact on the day in question, Good Friday, my Staff were good enough to stay on until 4.30pm, serving take-away drinks and ice creams.

'Expensive' is something we have never been accused of before, our most expensive meal is £4.95, and we pride ourselves in offering value for money, as many of our previous reviews state.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I got married this morning on a special licence, the only option for afterwards was breakfast. After looking in the local area I phoned the Pavillion Café, so with only 3 days notice and on Easter weekend they agreed to host my wedding breakfast. When we arrived they had seated us all together. The staff were amazing, they couldn't have been more attentive and helpful. The food was delicious s was the coffee, rare in café, and we were given copious mounts of toast jam and marmalade. Afterwards the owner introduced himself and had even bought us a congratulations card, we were really touched. I can not recommend this place highly enough. Thank you The Pavillion and it staff, they made my wedding complete.

Michael C, Owner at The Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It was an absolute pleasure for us to host your wedding breakfast, and I am so pleased we were able to contribute and play a positive part on your Special Day.
I shall ensure my Staff are made aware of your kind comments, and I sincerely thank you for leaving such a positive review, we do always try our best, and it's nice to know it's appreciated.
I must say you looked fabulous in your Wedding outfits, and may I take this opportunity to wish you every happiness.

Regards, Mike@pavilion

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Been for a walk with the dog and wanted to warm up so went for a warm drink. We had 2 Vimto's which were 80p each. We had the dog with us so had to sit outside under the canopy as they are not dog friendly inside, they do have blankets if you are a bit nippy. The food looked lovely so we will be back to try it when it warms up a bit.

Thank you very much for your positive comments.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Called on a Saturday but by 1400hrs all the food had been put away and the chairs were stacked.
Food was good but I believe the winter service could be improved. Still well worth visiting though.

Our opening times, are seasonal and variable mainly due to the unpredictable Great British Weather, our general opening times are 8.45am-2.30pm, after the lunchtime period is over.

We extend our opening hours during the course of the year as the weather improves, and remain open until 6pm in the summertime, weather permitting.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I usually wander into the park most days,whilst out walking the dog,in this occasion i just fancied a quick pit stop & a little something to warm me up.
So upon finding a seat outside as i had the dog with me ,a little on the cool side,i opted for a warming bowl of soup,this was leek & potato today,brought out in a warm bowl,along with some bread & butter..Soup was ok,just a few more leeks next time please...still a clean bowl.
The inside was busy as always,it's a great place to stop off,if not for a bite to eat,maybe a coffee,tea or an icecream..be back in the park again tomorrow.

Thank you for taking the time to send such a positive review., we do appreciate it.