“80th birthday”

Ranked #55 of 199 Restaurants in Burnley
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 9
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Hare and Hounds Inn, Briercliffe, Burnley. Traditional British pub offering a cosy bar area, snug & separate dining area with panoramic views.
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We used the function room here for my mum's party the the location is good and lovely views ideal size for a family party we had a good time only thing that let it down was the catering the pie and peas were not very good at all we were very dissatisfied

Reviewed 22 February 2016

We went on Sunday for a get together. We didn't want to go to a chain pub or restaurant and as my friend said we need to support local businesses lets give it a try. The price was £8 approx for a carver which I thought was a bit pricey but it should be good if they charging this much. I was so wrong, the food was disgusting! You paid for the meal at the bar in exchange you received a raffle ticket, you handed the ticket to the service area were the 'chef' asked which meat you desired, beef and gammon or both were the options. I didn't see any sign of a carvery, she disappeared into the back then returned with the meat on the plate already covered in gravy (hot beef and cold gammon) with a cooked frozen Yorkshire pudding. The vegetables were a joke. Sat in a hot server were cooked tinned peas, roast potatoes from frozen, grey green beans, and cabbage and overcooked carrots and new potatoes. There was no sauces to accompany the meal, the knives and forks were set incorrectly and to top it off the fire alarm kept going off. I will not be returning any time soon believe me!

5  Thank yvonne d
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Huge car park at rear of the pub. The place is spotlessly clean with very friendly Landlord and staff. Our food was only Pie and Peas but these were delicious and piping hot. There was quite a large party of us but nothing was too much trouble. I wish I lived closer because I would be sure to frequent the place. A proper Local Pub.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

This pup could rival The Sparrow Hawk if they got a chef, renovated the dining room, put in large patio windows and removed the privat hedge to expose the beautiful views! A 'winner' begging to be developed.

1  Thank Catherine E
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

The Hare and Hounds in Harle Syke - a great little country pub which has been recently refurbished. Tasty and very reasonably priced food on the menu. Large car park to the rear with beer garden and stunning views! Give this place a visit, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Elizabeth W