“Exceptional welcome and service”
Review of The Rose in Bloom

The Rose in Bloom
Ranked #38 of 141 Restaurants in Whitstable
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: English public house with fabulous sea views, serving simple traditional pub food.. the restaurant is closed Monday nights ...and Sunday nights ...
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Popped in for lunch with my wife. Made welcome. Excellent selection on menu all reasonably priced. Rapid service. I had fish and chips - batter light, large portion of fish - delicious. Particularly professional front of house Clare Gillbanks (I think) Will return. Have been before and the same high standards have been maintained. Particularly love it in the summer when you can get a spectacular view from the beer garden.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We have just had lunch at The Rose in Bloom and loved it. I am on a post Xmas diet so it was fabulous to find staff like Clare and Maureen who understood my requirements when I asked for a chicken salad. It was perfect, with the dressing on the side, tasty roast peppers and pickles. My husband, who isn't counting calories, tucked into fish, chips and peas. His portion was most generous, as is the Kentish way.
We chatted to Clare who has a great manor with customers. We will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We went here for my Dad's birthday, The service was prompt and friendly, also a few vegetarian options (without cheese). We had a lovely table looking out to sea although fog was doing it's best to obstruct this.

The food was delivered quickly and was piping hot, The steak and Ale was the best my dad has had, my mum had a generous portion of scampi and chips, my son who is not bothered about food cleared his sausage and chips and I had the most delicious vegetarian sausage casserole all cooked superbly by Maureen. Claire was very attentive as was the other young waitress.

One downside if I was to be picky is that I'd would've liked a menu on the table rather than on a board in pub, it was fine for us as it wasn't busy but at busier times I don't think it would be comfortable.

We will definitely be back for another visit.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

So after a lovely morning walk with my wife and our two (friendly dogs) we thought we’d try this establishment as it appeared to tick the boxes. Alas we never found out as it fell at the first hurdle.
Never one to presume I entered the deserted pub (to be fair it was only mid-day) to enquire if it was ok to bring in the dogs; my enquiry was to a grey haired lady who I presumed to be in charge, she replied with an emphatic and very dismissive No... rude, rude. I have no problem if dogs are not allowed..but perhaps if she’s answered less aggressively and suggested the garden was an alternative option they would now have two new customers happy to recommend their pub..instead quite the alternative
On occasions one wonders why people are doing the job they do when clearly they aren’t either qualified or just don’t like their job/people. This is one of those occasions
Needless to say we won’t revisit.

4  Thank Alex7McLeod
Reviewed 5 December 2017

had a lunch booked for 12 people for our xmas get together. was fabulous , the staff are brilliant and nothing was too much trouble . the food was amazing and plenty of it

also a fabulous house opposite for rent but was unavailable at the time we wanted