All reviews brewers fayre bobbing apple co op petrol station railway line good nights sleep the pub extra pillows clean rooms budget hotel car parking family room short stay comfortable bed stayed for one night large tv plenty of parking
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Stayed for 4 nights location chosen as visiting friends, staff very helpful, room - clean, bed very comfortable,, bath quickly filled and shower powerful enough, no safe or room phone would be better if it had both, Wfi good. We chose this as visiting friends but it is in a good location near major roads to make sight seeing easy, railway station 2 miles away also, can not fault hotel but now the cons on arrival we were made aware of offers of evening meal plus breakfast and meals were taken at the Brewers fayre next to hotel, did not take the deal but prepaid for breakfast the following morning, buffet breakfast and good choice of food and drinks, ate one evening meal a combo meal for 2 very good, now the downer, breakfast on the Tuesday we left was only buffet for continental so had to order cooked breakfast, bacon, sausages dry, tough and luke warm, beans also luke warm, poached egg mine egg white hardly cooked, my wife's slightly better it was obvious that apart from the egg this meal was not cooked to order but must have been items cooked and left warm waiting for the order to come in. I have marked this review with very good rating it would have been excellent but as the restaurant is part of the Premier inn Experience they let the side down, so if you order breakfast here insist on freshly cooked meal as it should be.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2016

room dirty - half eaten biscuit and rubbish under daughters bed. Hot & stuffy room with no air con, couldn't open window as our family room as next to railway track and car park so kids did not get to sleep till nearly 10pm. Cigarette bin was on fire when we arrived filling reception with smoke, desk attendent must have been in coma not to notice, I coughed my way through and pointed it out to him. He sauntered off and back with bucket of water, tipped it onto bin (making more smoke) and littering ourside reception with soggy cigarette butts. We asked if there was way to cool room but offered fan - not much use.

Food - so poor at ajoining brewers fayre - the whole place was filthy, made me itchy just to sit there to eat. I ordered scampi & salad - I could not eat scampi as it had been over done but was still pappy & soggy/cold in middle, the service was painfully slow, it wasn't busy and staff were just not interested. We actually left table with unfinished food on it and went to bar to pay as could not find anyone to assist us. I mentioned my food was inedible but I got a blank stare and we were still charged for all our food. Truly shocking!

Outside I have never seen such a dump, kids play area was dirty and littered with empty fag packets and ends, cans and litter everywhere - no sense of pride in the entire establishement. I think hell would have to freeze over before I step foot in either Brewers Fayre or Premier Inn again - what a contradiction!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Sittingbourne Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel to ensure that the issues you experienced have been looked into and rectified.

Our friendly teams are available 24hrs and will always do their best to resolve any issues you may encounter throughout your stay.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and once again I'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide your views.

Kind regards

Sharelle

Premier Inn Team

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel and staff were of a very high standard and would recommend this hotel to others will be staying there in November
The rooms were of a high standard and the breakfast and evening meal were cooked to perfection and just as my family had asked for it to be cooked. The choice of breakfasts were very good.
Even my wife was really surprised about the rooms and the food so much that she wants to go again soon

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2016

This is just an ordinary basic motel ....so why is it so expensive? I mean it's ok but it's just a room with a bed and shower, and food in the pub. £96? It's a Premier Inn con based on alleged market rates. UK hotels are the most expensive in Europe and indifferent in quality.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Sittingbourne Kent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Hi Floyd55

Many thanks for your review.
It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we strive to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.
At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced. Your feedback is very much appreciated and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team for consideration.
Thank you once again for your review.

Kind Regards

Amy Thacker
Premier Inn Team

Reviewed 14 September 2016

This is one of those Premier Inns that was built in the wrong place! Next to 2 busy roads, a busy railway line, a 24 hour garage, and a McDonalds all ensuring that a good nights sleep can be a lottery depending on which block you're put in and which room you get.

Despite that, everything else is typically Prem' Inn. Comfortable, functional, clean and with a reasonable Brewers Fayre restaurant on site.

I stay here for business in Sittingbourne and it ticks most boxes for me.

Room tip: Perhaps better facing service station than the railway.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business