All reviews full english fresh fruit bed and breakfast town centre choice at breakfast guest house single room good nights sleep little touches free view lovely couple comfortable place to stay visiting the area welcoming hosts bottled water lounge area stayed for nights
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Ian and Liz are truly lovely people. I stayed with them a few weeks ago for a wedding and forgot various things which they helped me with, going above and beyond to find something in the home which I could borrow. The bed was very comfortable, the breakfast was delicious, there is a nice area outside to sit and chat, but the icing on the cake was when I realised I had lost my watch and Ian and Liz searched the room and found it, posting it back and putting them out of pocket.

I will be forever grateful to them for this, and it makes a big difference when you stay with people that you know are good and kind. Thank god they don't have to write reviews about their guests. I don't think I would have got 5 stars for such absent mindedness!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018

This B&B is way beyond the norm.....You are greeted with warm and love by the most wonderful couple...Ian & Liz....The rooms are lovely with some amazing little touches and well looked after decor.
The breakfast is quite simply PHENOMENOL....They cater for every possible eventuality - with Gluten & Dairy Free options, as well as a mammoth fruit salad, Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs and a wide choice of cereals.
They even do DECAF ground coffee which is a bonus.
The B&B also has a lovely back garden to relax in....and a warming lounge area as well as a public use computer in the reception area.
Quite simply...this is the BEST B&B I have EVER stayed in.

Room Tip: Yes....choose one with a bed.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Rooms appear to have been shoe horned in here and our request for a double could not be met. It may well be that contacting the hotel directly would secure a better room rather than using one of the search websites as we did. Our room was narrow and furnished with rather dated bedroom units but there were lots of little touches like robes etc and the room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and this is a good option in a rather unlovely area. One thing that made us slightly anxious were the dire warnings of swingeing fines for breakages or spillages but as we were guilty iof neither, we didn’t fall foul of somewhat unwelcoming attitude . I can only suppose the owners have suffered loss / damages before.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018

The decor was dated and the mattresses need replacing but the host Iain is what really makes this place worth while. He was so friendly and chatty about everything in the local area etc. The breakfast was fantastic with a lovely array of fruit.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last week as a stop over for attending a funeral the following day. Very warm welcome and all the staff very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a single room which was perfectly big enough for one night, had to use a bathroom a few feet away along the corridor but it was for my own use so all good! Only problem was I couldn't get any hot water from the shower which meant having a bath, I mentioned it at breakfast and the owner was very apologetic. Good amenities in room, plenty of tea, coffee, milk, water, towels etc.

Great breakfast freshly cooked. We used the lounge after checkout as had time to kill, and also had a coffee made for us which was very kind especially as it was such a cold day and we had walked into town and back!!!

If staying at front of b&b you may have trouble with noise at night as on the main road - I was at the back so ok.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo