All reviews nice hotel brands hatch wedding reception afternoon tea reception staff function room would stay again fresh fruit a lovely stay full english bluewater shopping centre car park comfy bed last weekend reception area checking out light sleeper
Reviewed 7 August 2018

My Wife & I stayed here last weekend for Saturday night & overall we had a nice time.

One thing that could be improved is the greeting (or not) at reception on arrival. I do like to be greeted with a smile when I arrive at a hotel & sadly here I wasn't. All the booking-in procedure seemed like too much trouble which was a shame.

I was told at reception that I had to pay for the room up-front but that's not what the online booking procedure told me - when I booked online, it clearly stated 'payment on checkout'. When I highlighted this to the receptionist, I was told 'no, that's not correct', but when I persevered with my point of view I was told I would have to present my bank card to pay a 'credit guarantee'. Not a problem I thought, but I was asked to enter my PIN number for an amount which was higher than my room rate & when I highlighted this, more sighs!

It got better after this & the room was OK, if somewhat dated. The décor in the room could do with an update, but the reception and bar area are very nice.

Later-on during the evening, the receptionist was very good to phone around for a taxi for us for 19.30; she had to phone a few numbers before she managed to book one for me.

Overall, a nice hotel & if it was with a smile, it'd be even better.

Room Tip: Ask for one that's been refurbished within the last 30 years!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
NickWildeGM, Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Mr Leete,

I am extremely sorry that you feel you were not greeted in the manor that you felt was acceptable.

I understand that on arrival at the hotel you were asked to make payment for your room, and that you had received an email stating that you could pay on departure, it is the hotel policy to charge on arrival and we have been in touch with Best Western to change the wording but I am afraid these things take time to upgrade.

The Hotel has a procedure to pay on arrival if you do not wish to do this we would them ask for a Pre Authorization which would be done for the room rate plus £25 (for yourself £78 + £25 making £103) to cover anything that may be charged to the room, the receptionist did a Pre Authorization for £80 which you were not happy to do, then went with your room rate £78 and also explained your receipt on departure where the extra cost was taken.

As you have stated the receptionist did help you with a Taxi. I am sorry that your wife was sent to collect the Barrier code, it is the taxi drivers job to collect the barrier code as this is a security procedure.

The receptionist whom served you is very experienced and has been with the hotel for 14 years. she is very sorry that she has offended you and hope that you have a return trip so that we can put this right.

Kind Regards
Eileen
Best Western Manor Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2018

We had booked this hotel at the beginning of the year. As we were attending a wedding in Southfleet.

Shelby was really pleasant and made sure that the dietary needs were available for my wife, as she has a strict diet.

The room was clean, on the two nights we stayed had a good night sleep. Nice choice of breakfast and the freshly made fruit for my wife on the Saturday was really appreciated, as well as the gluten free cereal and oat milk. The fruit smoothie (the yellow one) was yummy. Bethany was a star and was so attentive to my wife.

Very pleasant staff and courteous throughout our stay.

Just need to mention we have still not received our Best Western Card. We had booked in January of this year.

Keep up the good work, your staff are a credit to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
NickWildeGM, Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you taking the time to write this review, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your kind words onto all of our staff as this helps our team to continue to deliver a great experience for our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Arriving at the hotel, the receptionist was most welcoming and helpful. Although we only stayed for one night, we were met with great service and friendly yet professional staff. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was a comprehensive choice and perfectly cooked. I have absolutely no negative comments for this hotel and will not hesitate to use them again when in the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
NickWildeGM, General Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey.

We take all feedback very seriously as we use this to help improve our hotel for our guests.

Thank you for your kind words about our receptionist, staff and breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I bought the honeymoon suite for my sister and although the room was nice enough I was underwhelmed by the service from the reception staff. I chased up the breakfast order as it did not arrive in time and the receptionists response was that she specifically had not received anything even though I said the order came down the night before. She then rang up to get the order again but it was too late for my sister to fully eat and enjoy when it finally arrived. There was also a further booking query they discussed with my sister that upset her even though they were in the wrong. I believe she did get an apology before checking out but it was all a little late by then.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
NickWildeGM, General Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey.

After speaking to the receptionist that was on duty that morning, she has informed me that no pre-order form was handed in the night before. She was the receptionist on both the night before and the morning that the breakfast was required. However, after she had spoken to you, she called the room and tried to rectify the issue as soon as possible by taking another order, and asked the breakfast team to bring it up to the room as soon as they could. We apologise that the breakfast was too late for her to enjoy.

We apologise that the stay did not exceed your expectations, and we hope that you will stay with us again so we are able to offer a better service.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We wanted a short overnight stay in Gravesend whilst visiting family. The Manor was ideal being conveniently situated and cheaper than the Travelodge. The staff were very helpful and pleasant and the hotel had a relaxed and homely atmosphere. Given the choice between a family run independent hotel and a soulless conglomerate give us a hotel like The Manor every time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
NickWildeGM, General Manager at Best Western Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is always reassuring to receive positive comments as we strive to provide excellent customer service for all guests and pride ourselves on the homely relaxed ambience at the Manor!
We hope to see you again when you are next visiting your family.