All reviews sea view executive room a bit tired lounge area friendly hotel wedding reception nothing too much trouble great weekend car park sea front breakfast was excellent stayed here for one night enjoyable stay town centre lovely room full english breakfast family room
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Smiths Court situated facing the sea in Cliftonville Margate provided us with a light, clean and spacious room complete with comfortable four-poster bed and included breakfast comprising of the usual cereal choices and also a cooked breakfast if one chooses. We have stayed before and found it as good today as it was just a few years ago and the vaue is excellent.
Personal Comment. When we did stay there a few years ago the exterior was in much better conditiion i.e the paintwork was lighter where today it is a dark maroon which we thought did not do its appearance any favours and most definitely the hotels frontdoor is in urgent need of attention - it is tatty.

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are best
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin C
Reviewed 11 July 2016

I was here for a family wedding and it went so well until sadly my 80 year old Mother took sick but they could not do enough to help us in calling the emergency services and ensuring that upon our return they could assist in her wellbeing. There was also a mature waitress, sadly I didn't get her name but she gave me a peppermint tea and natural yoghurt to take up to the room for her. They really care about their guests and although I have attended many functions there have never had to stay but can only say it was a great hotel for the wedding and the hotel is family run so its a better attention to care that your receive there - well done to all the staff there your a credit to the hotel

Room Tip: Sea View - the best
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Denver1962
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We got married at Smiths Court on the 21st May this year and also had the package to stay the night before with my bridesmaids which I would highly recommend to any bride getting married here as is a large executive room and lovely to all get ready in on the morning of the wedding...Our wedding day was amazing from beginning to end, I would like to thank Tony and Abbie for the time and care they took prior to the wedding with all the preparations and also to all the staff on the day where nothing was too much trouble and the food was first class with our guests still talking about it now...we also had a party here for my 50th Birthday on 1st July as loved Smiths Court so much and yet again we all had an amazing night with wonderful food (would definitely recommend the Hog Roast)....If you are looking for somewhere to have your wedding or a party I would certainly recommend Smiths Court as it is one of the nicest, friendliest and best places I have been to and will certainly be returning again soon.Thank you..

Room Tip: The executive rooms are very large and gorgeous modern bathrooms
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Nice large rooms wirh sea view, but not a particulalry fancy or spectacular place. The common areas are sad and poorly decorated. The staff were not very helpful when we complained about the noise from a nearby room in the middle of the night, not when we asked for other asistance. Not good value for money either.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Very nice rooms, clean, airy , front with great views.
the food was excellent, 5 of us visited and had different meals all very well presented and beautifully cooked.
Top staff all very helpful and friendly....We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends