“birthday lunch”
Review of Bay Restaurant

Bay Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bay Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 218 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018

We met up with our sun to take him for a birthday lunch, we strolled Margate and found Sands hotel restaurant . We were shown to a table by a friendly young lady, the waitress was both polite and smiley, we had a good quality lunch and although we did not stay at the hotel it looked really nice, would try it for a dinner and nights stay.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

I had wanted to visit the Sands Hotel ever since its opened but just not had the opportunity.
My Uncle and his Wife arranged to visit us from up north and so I decided to book us somewhere special for the family occasion.
I cannot praise this restaurant enough. It was faultless.
The service was fantastic. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was amazing!
I am vegan so very used to getting very bland food when it’s not a vegan restaurant. The restaurant staff, kitchen and chef went to great trouble serving me the most beautiful dish I think I have ever had in any restaurant.
My family were very impressed!
I would highly recommend The Sands Hotel and restaurant for getting it so very right!
Thank you, we will be back!

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Food was cold 3rd visit though would try one more time woman next to me said hers was cold 2 worst £100 I’ve ever spent will not visit again Giogios in Margate is 100% better never had a bad meal in 20 years

1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

So, I came to the Sands for afternoon tea last year, this was a birthday present for a friend.
I’ve been to numerous places for afternoon tea. I’d never been other than for a drink before so was looking forward to it. If my memory serves me correctly when I popped in for a drink and tried to strike up a conversation with the bar man whilst waiting for my drink it was non existent. Thumbs down.
We asked if we could sit on the balcony as it was a lovely day which we did. Beautiful view of the beach in the sunshine.
Bearing in mind it is subject to a service charge, the prosecco, the tea, sandwiches and the cakes were brought to the table all at the same time. The cakes were melting in the sun and there was no option of any extra sandwiches which you get in pretty much most places. That is not service....dumping it on the table at once!!! No thought at all.
Today, I went for lunch with the same dear friend. We had a pre paid lunch voucher which we could not use as it was supposed to be between Monday and Friday, this was not mentioned at the time of booking. Ordered Shiraz red wine, Rose was brought out after a long time waiting. The food was nice, but I expected something special for the price which is was not. Again took ages to come, which wasn’t too bad in the end as it was a leisurely lunch. I don’t mind paying for good food and good service again it was 10% which I did not think was worth it. I wouldn’t of left a tip if it was not included in the bill already.
I’m writing this review as I’m disappointed, as The Sands could be such a great place, so much better than it is with just a little more effort and a little more training of the staff.
Maybe I’ll return for another annual visit next year and be pleasantly surprised.
Come on Sands Hotel you can do it....for Margate!!!

1  Thank Michaela H
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Beware the facade! Simply awful service in the restaurant, ordered red wine got white delivered, food was basic but charged at a premium and waited 15 minutes after asking for the bill with no reply and had to ask again. Refused gratuity charge and will never frequent this pumped up crap hole again!!

1  Thank Passenger300195