“Pleasant afternoon tea”
Review of Bay Restaurant

Bay Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bay Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 221 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Went to the Sands Hotel for afternoon tea. The room was very well decorated and overlooked the seafront. We all opted for the mid range tea, all presented nicely on Art Deco cake stands, pretty cakes and tasty sandwiches. But we all found the macaroons far too sweet, so could not eat those. Very nice afternoon, with lovely views.

1  Thank jan m

Reviewed 15 August 2018

The setting is very special. We enjoyed cocktails on the terrace overlooking the bay the night before and returned for dinner on our second night in Margate. My chilled heritage tomato soup was awesome. A bowl with cut heritage tomatoes was brought to the table with a parmesan crisp. Then the chilled tomato soup was poured with a flourish over the heritage tomatoes. My husband enjoyed his stater of parma ham, peach and goat's cheese. I ordered brill on samphire with a cockle veloute. The brill of overly salted and had to be sent back. It was not any better the second time around. My husband enjoyed his chicken breast. Desserts were very yummy. We shared a dark chocolate cremeux and Eton Mess.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Love this Hotel and visit the restaurant often, took my wife and daughter for Sunday lunch, as my daughter (who works as a waitress) was home from Uni, all I can say is, that the service is not up to standard for the prices being charged. Ordered a bottle of Prosecco, which arrived without glasses, didn't have a starter ordered 2x Beef and 1x Pork main, all 3 arrived minus Yorkshire pudding, which I can understand with the Pork, but Roast Beef without Yorkshire, please, how does that get out of the kitchen, when I asked for Yorkshire, I was asked how many were missing ?? also could we please have serving utensils,and extra portion of the very small amount of vegetables, by the time these arrived, the meal was half consumed and not very warm, unlike the extra vegetables which were ramping hot, (why could the original meal be that hot) dessert was OK but not great, all in all at a cost in access of £100, the whole experience was a bit of a let down, My wife and I were going to book dinner for next Saturday, but I thick we will try elsewhere.......Shame,with a bit of Management all these minor niggles could easily sorted out

1  Thank Clubclean1
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Popped in here for lunch and rink a pet of a very busy Margate Soul Weekend. The staff were very welcoming and the barman was very friendly and a joy to be served by. Drinks are reasonably priced for the area, not the cheapest but not the dearest, but the quality surroundings are worth the extra expense. After a while we decided to choose from the bar b que menu and we were so glad we did...superb, not sure if this is an option on the balcony every Sunday but it should be. The food was quality and summed up out experience at the hotel.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

My wife and I called in just wanting a simple sandwich and drink preferably seated on the terrace so we could admire the superb sea view. We were advised the area had been set aside for a BBQ. We said that was fine and perhaps another time. The lady attending to us said no with a friendly smile and that the chefs could easily make two sandwiches of our choice plus we could sit on the terrace.

The added bonus was the 'simple sandwiches' were awesome , served with a salad and individual bags of crisps. Thanks for such excellent service and we will certainly return for a meal next time.