“The finest Thai ”

Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thai English Eaterie open from 10am until 2.30pm then 5pm until 10pm last orders 9.30ish Tuesday until Saturday. Breakfasts served all day, like the T.J. Special( Egg, Smoked Danish Bacon, Cumberland Sausage, Beans, Tomatoes, Hash Brown, Mushrooms and Hot Toast with real Butter!!!! All for £4.95) As is our authentic home cooked Thai food cooked by Noi our Fantastic Thai Housewife/Cook who creates absolutely fantastic food, spiced to your taste. Come and sample our mouth watering Thai curries or Noi's now famous Yummy Yama (Mango Curry) Children's meals also available at £3.50 Kids Breakfast, Real Chicken Nuggets or Fish Fingers all served with Chips and Beans or Mash and Veg plus a fruit juice, we now do any Thai meal half portion for children.We look forward to meeting you soon Sawadee Krap Keep a look out we are opening Sundays soon
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Three friends walking into a dodgy greasy spoon / cafe type of place and had the BEST meal! Probably the best Thai food I’ve had in Kent. Friendly, charming and even in its chaos served up these amazing fresh dishes. Fantastic, couldn’t recommend it enough and they have a byo corkage 1.50!!

We’ll be back ! Absolute jewel of a place . Bx

1  Thank Ben J

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We had read about Yama's and when we came across it we decided to give it a try. Firstly, the host is awesome, welcoming and informative. Secondly the place is small but comfortable enough.
The menu is not huge but large enough and most reasonable. We had the lunch special £6.95 per main, curry or stir fry with choice of meat and heat with rice. We went for the stir fry one chicken and one pork. Everything is freshly cooked so there is a small wait but well worth it. The apple juice was proper stuff and not concentrate, lovely. They do not have a licence but you can bring your own for a small corkage fee. We would certainly go back.

1  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This place is truly a hidden gem. Located at the top of the High Street it is a 5min walk from the other bars and restaurants but the food is absolutely fantastic.

My husband and I visited Thailand recently and this was like going back. Wonderful!

The restaurant is very small with only 5 or so tables so you should book. The toilet is next door which is not ideal but it is clear that the focus is all on the food.

The service is steady and not rushed and the owners are just lovely.

Order the duck main!! It was the best dish I have tasted in a very long time. We also had the chicken in oyster sauce, and egg fried rice. Delicious.

We will be back, for sure!

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My dad booked a table for my birthday meal and we had the most amazing Thai meal I've ever tasted! We had the spring rolls (veg and duck) and the coconut soup (absolutely insane... I want the recipe) for starters. We all had the Thai green curry for mains and was so happy I could level the spice! The coconut rice was out of this world! Everything was perfect. Thank you to the chef and terry for a lovely evening. Will definitely be bringing my friends here

2  Thank Zozzlesfofa
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

This was the best Thai food I've had in quite some time. Fantastic food at a grat price and friendly hosts. Booking is advised as it is small (but perfectly formed). If you are a fan of Thai food just get yourself in there, you will not be disappointed. Love the whole idea of being able to have my food freshly cooked and to my liking.

1  Thank Claire H