“Greasy spoon with great views & ice cream”
Review of Palm Bay Cafe

Palm Bay Cafe
Ranked #70 of 218 Restaurants in Margate
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located next to the tennis courts in Palm Bay Avenue, overlooking the sea. It's a beautiful location, but more importantly the food is wonderful and the prices affordable. The staff are friendly. I've been going there quite some time and would have put it on here a long time ago if I had realised about your site. I cannot recommend them enough, my husband and I love it there and its not only a great place to eat but a nice afternoon out as well.
Reviewed 8 June 2016

This is my local now. With great service from the proprietor and his team, I have never been a lone diner whatever time of day. The food is what it is, some microwaved, some fried - you can see it all going on here. The price reflects what you get, but the views and the ice cream are priceless.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Great location and views but people that think this is a great breakfast clearly don't get out very often! Everything is deep fried, cheap sausages, undercooked bacon, cheap white bread. Everything tasted of onion. There are far better breakfasts locally. Not good value price wise either.

1  Thank Gchef71
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

So decided to visit the palm bay cafe today as we was going to use the tennis courts next door too. Arrived and decided to order the full English for £5. My partner ordered the same but doesn't like hash browns so wanted to ask if they could be changed for mushrooms. We were told that nothing could be changed except bread for toast and if we wanted mushrooms they would be extra? Now on the menu all extras are 80p, mushrooms, hash browns, black pudding, blah blah. That being the case I don't think it would be unreasonable for the staff to change hash browns for mushrooms. This isn't a big ask and something that is happily done at many other establishments. Would certainly make more people happier. Putting that aside the breakfast was OK and was what I expected for £5. Whilst we were there I asked if we could use the courts. I was told it was £2 per adult because of use of their rackets. I told them we had our own rackets to which the staff member said ..oh OK that's fine then. So I asked how much as we had our own rackets and after a pause was told...oh £2 still. ??? Confused we decided to leave it because weather wasn't great plus both nets were pretty saggy and not right height. All in all OK ish but could be alot better. Get rid of some of the microwaves and fat fryers and could be 4-5 star.

1  Thank Lord_Marsh
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Great location overlooking the sea. Views to die for. Wonderful atmosphere. The large English breakfast is excellent and fabulous value for money. Other dishes such as liver and bacon, three fillings omelettes and the bacon sandwich are wonderful as well. Staff are super friendly and very efficient. Café is family and dog friendly. The toilet is kept clean and tidy. Overall a wonderful customer experience that you must experience many times.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

A very nicely situated café with views of the sea. Perfect place for a good English breakfast.
The café is also dog friendly and even sells sausages in a bowl for furry visitors!
Very helpful and friendly staff too.