“Went in for coffee - stayed for lunch”
Review of The Spitfire Cafe

The Spitfire Cafe
Ranked #7 of 80 Restaurants in Hythe
Cuisines: British, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: opening days and times..Mondays to Saturdays 08:00-14:30 sundays..10:00 - 14:30 and closed Tuesdays Hi my lovely little cafe has now been established for 2 years and thankfully is going well ! The inspiration behind my cafe are my grandparents which you will see many of there photos around the cafe along with loads of ww1 and 2 memerab ilia which I have collected over the years, many items have been given to me by the local people of hythe along with there stories!!! We serve a lovely breakfast large and small the spitfire up to the pilot special!! Along with burgers normal or steak, chicken breast nuggets baked pots salads gammon and much more..... Hot and cold drinks including filter coffee... The cafe has its own toilet and hand washing facilities.... The cafe seats up to 20 people and you can phone your order through if you don't want to wait as everything is cooked fresh!!.... Please be aware the cafe is a converted shipping container along with a 12 by 12 military tent for frontage it's not the ritz!!!! Very clean and cracking food !
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Such a lovely place, really enjoyed the artefacts inside and can’t wait to see it again when it’s fully furnished. The breakfast looked ‘proper’ and the chips were a total winner with the kids.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Tried this cafe this week for hot drinks and saw that they do a superb full English breakfast. The cafe is tiny with only 3 or 4 tables inside, but there is also some outside seating. Basic selection of drinks, although no speciality teas and they were out of hot chocolate. However, it does look good for a brunch or breakfast.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This place is not a guilty treat but a favourite, dont let the looks deceive you. Set in an army tent with a Caravan style main building this place is owned and operated by one of the nicest men I have ever met. The food is honest greasy spoon and big breakfasts like the Lancaster Bomber are as good as they sound. The history and stories, if you ask and enquire, are as big as the meals. Worth spending a bit of time to really have a chat and enjoy some extraordinarily English cafe style food! These guys deserve to succeed but their aim is to feed and make you feel welcome. All good.

2  Thank DandyLion2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I drive past most days and the other day not feeling like making our own lunch my wife and I decided to try it out. We both had bacon rolls and I have to say they were awesome. The bacon was well cooked to order and the rolls were soft and very fresh. Speaking to the owner he informed me that he gets the rolls daily from a local baker in Dymchurch (Marshmallow
Bakery). It’s a bit difficult to park being on the main road but well worth the effort.

1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Tried this cafe out for the first time on Sunday. What a treat! Sunny morning (not on menu) good choice of breakfast options for us who came out for a traditional full English. We loved the music, the bowl of water brought for our dogs who could sit by our table while we ate. Service was fine by me because I would always rather wait for a freshly cooked breakfast than have one appear in minutes that has been sitting under lights keeping warm. All in all excellent. Can't wait to go back! Might try the burgers for lunch next time.

2  Thank Jenny K