“Lovely afternoon at Hever”

Hever Castle & Gardens
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Hever
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hever Castle was the childhood home of Anne Boleyn, the intriguing second wife of Henry VIII and mother of Elizabeth I. The castle is a romantic double moated 13th-century castle which houses historic 16th-century portraits, paintings, furniture, tapestries and treasures. Comprehensive information on the history of Hever Castle can be found in the guide book and audio tours are available from the Hever Shop, Visitor Centre or castle entrance. Visitors can explore the magnificent gardens for all seasons which include Italian, Rose and Tudor gardens, topiary, yew maze and splashing water maze, or take a stroll around the informal areas of Sunday Walk and Anne Boleyn's Walk. Hever hosts a number of special events throughout the season including gardening events with the head gardener and his team. Family fun includes jousting tournaments each summer, one of our most popular events.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 12 June 2012

What a lovely place. We didn't go into the castle as we had out puppy with us (very dog friendly) but the grounds are just beautiful. Great cafe, my husband tried his hand at archery, the gardens are beautifully manicured. Free parking. Somewhere where we'll be back.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have visited the grounds of Hever castle with my children and grandchildren on several occasions and we have always enjoyed the experience. As well as the beautiful gardens, there is an opportunity to take a rowing boat out on the lake and my grandchildren especially enjoy the water maze-particularly when grandad gets wet! Although the food in the restaurant is quite expensive, a real family favourite is the hot pork baguettes, which are available there.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Just returned from a visit to the home of Anne Boleyn, Hever Castle and found the small castle interesting and the gardens beautiful but the food available in the restaurants was vastly overpriced. If I went again I would take my own food and drink.

2  Thank Jackie J
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Although this wasnt quite what we expected this to be, we were pleasently surprised. The gardens here are magnificent and well worth a visit. The castle is quite small and mainly transformed by the Astor family in the 1900's and not as Elizabethan as you would imagine. It was a lovely day out though and the exhibition inside the shop was very good showing how houses were transformed through the ages from tudor, stuart, regency and victorian times. very informative.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Just got back from a short break in Kent. Went to Hever Castle on Monday, it was really great, so much to see and do and the inside of the castle was really good too. Used my Tesco days out vouchers to get in, so we saved a lot of money on the entrance charges, we only paid £2 extra! I can highly recommend Hever.

1  Thank JeannieIver