“Herne Bay's best kept Secret” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Petit Poisson
Ranked #13 of 133 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 44
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on the Herne Bay seafront overlooking the harbour next to the pier, we specialise in seafood. All our dishes are cooked to order using fersh locally sourced seasonal ingredients and our black board menu evolves with the seasons, (it's available to view on our web site). Fully licensed; with a good selection of international and local, wines and beers. Our talented and friendly chefs are happy to cater for special dietary requirements given sufficient notice. PLEASE NOTE: We don't do fast food, "Fish & Chips", "Scampi in a Basket" etc!!
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Herne Bay's best kept Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Great intimate and friendly atmosphere and a fantastic menu, all fresh and local seafood,

Visited August 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A Special family meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Last year when I was visiting my sister who had recently moved to Herne Bay, I found Le Petit Poisson's website and booked lunch for myself, my sister and brother. We were pleasantly surprised by the delicious meal, attentive service and position of the restaurant beside the sea. My brother and his wife then visited for their wedding anniversay last June. This June I was again visiting Herne Bay and arranged to have a family reunion for my 20th wedding anniversay over lunch at Little Fish, this time accompanied by my husband, son, sister ,brother and his wife. We were all impressed with the food and service. I'm sure that I will be down this way again and hope to enjoy another lovely meal at Le Petit Poisson.

• Visited June 2012
Kent, UK
“Seaside Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

This is an intimate and cosy restaurant situated on Herne Bay seafront at the end of the pier. It has a select, mainly seafood menu, which never fails to please. The food is exciting and beautifully cooked and the wine list is comprehensive and not overly expensive.

The staff are welcoming and courteous, offering an excellent unobtrusive service.

It is necessay to book at the weekend, but be wary of using the website as it often says they are fully booked, when a telephone call ensures a table with no problem. I would recommend booking a table in the late evening for atmosphere, as the restaurant can be very quiet before 8.30 ish.

Definitely the place to eat in Herne Bay, but be aware that there will be a very limited non-seafood choice.

• Visited June 2012
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“The best in Herne Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We live in 'The Bay' but generally don't eat out in the town because the standard is poor. Le Petit Poisson is the exception and we go there regularly, either on our own or with friends. The standard of the food has always been excellent but you really need to like seafood as the other options are limited. The ambience is pleasant and friendly and my complaints are minor. As a regular visitor I would like a few more variations to the menu and I think the coffee could be better. However that seems to be a general problem in this country and it is no worse here than most places.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Saturday 12 May 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Our family 15 of us in all including a seven and a five year old spent a wonderful evening at
the Le Petit Poisson to help our dad celebrate his 89 birthday. The food was excellent and we were looked after extremly well which is not always easy with such a large group. We have been
to the restaurant before but in smaller groups and will most certainly go again.

• Visited May 2012