“Herne Bay fish and chips”
Review of Charlie's Bistro

Charlie's Bistro
Ranked #15 of 143 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 39
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2015

Good food, and good location close to the waterfront and near the station. The staff are warm and welcoming too.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Had a meal on a Friday evening. Had the tapas. It was a nice selection. Wasn't outstanding but reasonable value just the food didn't have the wow factor one should get from traditional Spanish tapas.

2  Thank ECOF66
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

We have been back 3 times now and have never been disappointed The tapas are fantastic and and we have just about sampled them all now Having them half price at the moment is an added bonus The views of the sunsets here in Herne Bay are the best in town, as is the food and the staff are so helpful and friendly We would recommend eating here to everyone who come or live in the Herne Bay area

1  Thank Vicky W
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

I'm sorry to have to give this little place a bad review but it just didn't live up to my expectations. I rarely post bad reviews but feel if I'm not honest nothing will change. Also I'm not saying I wouldn't go back, I would give it another go.

We booked for 8 people on a Saturday lunchtime. We were practically the only ones there so in theory the kitchen should've been on point. It wasn't. Starters arrived all over the place I had finished before my sister even got her soup, TBF she said it was lovely. My prawns were good but the bread underneath was soggy & it was basically cold. The waiting time was so long between courses and again the mains were hit & miss. My paella was soggy more like a risotto and it had what looked like frozen strips of chicken in it. My dads fish was dry & the tapas was flavourless, except the potato bravas which was burnt. The waiting staff were good & attentive and didn't charge me for the paella.

I'm hoping things will improve as its a lovely spot along the front and I really want them to do well.

4  Thank amandamonkey
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Didn't have a booking got a table, very polite staff. Had the carvery which was very tasty all fresh vegetables and could have all meat's if you wanted. Had cider to drink which was made in Canterbury, good price will be going back.

2  Thank JulieHerneBay